Epilogue.

Life seems perfect. Nothing to worry and tense about. It's like all the struggle in my life has gone. Dad's at work. Mom always misses him but knows that he is doing what he loves the most. Emily is doing really well at her college. She even visits us often. But I miss her too.

Then there is Mike. It has been two years since we are dating. It has really been a great experience though. Each day passing by, we keep falling deeper and harder for each other. He has really changed. For good.

He has told me about his childhood. Everything with sincerity. He had to go through a lot. I still remember when he told me everything, he was terribly sad. I felt my heart clinch at the mere reminder of the day.

Flash back:

"Amanda, I have something to tell you..." he said. We were at the same place where Mike proposed me. I looked at him and nodded for him to go on.

"My childhood was terrible, Amanda. It is what made me build the walls around me so that the people will not get through. But you came and did it. You made me realise that the wall has to break someday. It is not indestructible. But the wounds from my child hood are still not healed. And trust me, they hurt a lot." He paused. His fists were clenched. I then took his hands in mine and squeezed in assurance.

He sighed, "I was about 5. I was a very happy and jovial kid. Always running around chasing butterflies with my best friend. His name was Austin. We were inseparable. Always seen hanging out together. But he was a bit older than me. I think he was about eight then. But then we started schooling. He was known for his arrogance. You know a bad boy at eight? Like that. Always troubling others. One day he did a prank and was cought. But he then blamed everything on me. I was punished. Then people won't stop bullying me in school. I went into depression. My parents started to think that I was into some bad stuff as the time kept passing. But they never confronted me. Instead left me on my own. That's when I knew that if I let any body in, then I was to left with broken heart. I pushed away my parents. Everyone. But since I met you, it's like the things really changed. Thanks Amanda!" He said and looked at me. I hugged him tightly. He gladly returned the hug.

Flash back ends.

When I was thinking all of this, I didn't know that I started to cry. I wiped away my tears quickly. Today, Mike is taking me somewhere. I don't want him to see me cry.

Soon enough, heard the door bell ring. I quickly glanced at the mirror for any trace of tears then moved to the maindoor.

Well yeah, it was Mike.

"Hi love!" He said and kissed me. "How are yo-wait, were you crying?" He asked me as soon as he saw my face.

I quickly said, "No! I just washed my face. Soap got in my eye. That's it."

He looked unsure but nodded any way. I sighed out of relief.

"Well come on! We're already late." He said and dragged me to his car. "Wait, door!" I said him. He then quickly jogged back to the porch and locked the door.
.........

The ride to the place was silent. But it was comfortable. Mike kept his hand on my knee and drove in peace. I like the feeling. It was like he was afraid that I'd go away. It was a small jesture but really meant a lot to me.

Finally he stopped at a place. I looked around and a smile immediately made it's way to my face. It is the near the same woods where Mike asked me out. I looked at him and found him looking at me already.

Without another word, I unbuckled my seat belt and got down the car. He did the same and we started to walk.

"Why are we here?" I asked him.

He looked at me and smiled. "It's a surprise which you are going to love."

"Okay? But what?" I asked him again.

"You'll know once we reach." He said. I sighed. It's really waste of my energy to ask him any thing. He really won't tell. He has a real thick head. And here I was. Only a few kisses from him would do to get the secrets out of my mouth.

After a few more minutes of walking we finally reached the place. AND I WAS SHOCKED!

The place was decorated. Even better than the time he proposed me. There were small birds flying here and there. Butterflies hovering the flowers. And more flowers. There were cute rabbits here too. I loved everything about this place.

I turned to look at him. But his spot was empty. He was not next to me and no where to be seen.

Okay. I know this. He thinks that if he disappeared just like that I would freak out and call for him. But no. This is so not going to happen.

If what I think is true, then Mike must be watching me from somewhere. So I just acted like I really don't care. I simply shrugged and walked towards the rabbits. They were cute though. I started to pet them.

Then I heard a few foot steps. I turned around and smirked. Yep, it was Mike.

"You totally ruined what I had planned." He whined.

I laughed at his childish behaviour. "Aww! But it was so clichè!" I said and he huffed. "But this is all awesome!" I said looking at everything. He smiled at me.

"I have something to tell you," he said shuffling from foot to foot. Isn't it something familiar?

"Yeah? Sure." I said. He gave me his hand to get up. I gladly took it and got up.

He then put his hand in his pocket. But then frowned. "Oh shit!" He started to look in all of his pockets. "What happened?" I asked, stopping him to search and look at me.

"I can't find it!" He said in frustration.

"You can't find what?"

"It was expensive!" He said.

"But what was it? How does it look like?" I asked with annoyance.

"It was an envelope! A very important one! Please help me to find it. Look under the table cloth over there. I might have left it there when I came to check everything before. I'll look over here." He said and started to move a few things here and there.

I too looked at the table. Nothing was above it. So I moved the table cloth.

The next thing I knew was that my jaw was on the ground.

There was something scribbled on the table.

'WILL YOU MARRY ME, AMANDA?'

I turned to look at him and found him already staring at me.

"This-um I..I" didn't have words to speak out.

He walked upto me and stood right in front.

"Will you marry me?" He asked again. His breath fanning my face.

"Yes!" I said. He then slipped a ring in my finger which was really beautiful and sealed the proposal with a sweet, heart melting kiss.

*******
Official THE END!

Hello guys!! Finally! It's done.

I'm happy and sad both at the same time.

Thanks to all the people who had been with me through out my journey.

I really suck at the final author's notes or any thing. But any way, keep reading and voting...

Love you all!!

Bye!!

Khushi Jain...