Chapter: 22

"How do you relate to Mr. Reynolds' expel from army?" The officer said.

To say I was beyond shocked to hear what he said would be the greatest understatement of the universe. It was becoming impossible to comprehend what was actually happening in my stupid excuse of a life.

Jacob looked tensed at the question. "What do you mean?" He asked innocently.

"Don't act all foolish and innocent here, Mr. Jacob. We know the truth and have the evidence of what you and your father did to Mr. Reynolds. Mr. Tayson gave us a brief report of you and your deeds. So you got not way to escape." The officer said firmly.

What?! Mike gave the reports?!

I was beyond furious by now. Jacob was the reason why my dad was expelled from his dream. because of him we had to live with lot of adjustment. My sister's college fee and hostel fee too was a difficulty to pay from only my earnings. Luckily we had a lot of savings from the start so we were able to manage. Otherwise it would have been an extremely impossible task to do. Jacob! You're so going to rot in the jail and hell in afterlife!!

In all my dilemma I didn't even notice Mike coming back in the room. He was standing next to me and watching the interrogation with such intensity that I couldn't describe. I have to thank him.

I heard Jacob sigh out of frustration. I immediately diverted my attention to the scene in front of me.

"Fine! It was me and my dad who are responsible for everything. That year when Mr. Reynolds saved those kids from getting shot from the terrorist attack, me and dad went to the defence ministry and told them that Mr. Reynolds was responsible for the terrorist attack." He paused and I gasped. This is not the Jacob I knew all those years or even days back.

"Obviously, they didn't believe us. They had such a faith in him telling that he was the most loyal general and all the rubbish stuff. So we placed a fake proof of him in front of them. And they had to believe us. Then rest you know." He completed so casually that I felt the urge to kill him over and over again and feed his remains to piranha fish.

Well, cool down voilent queen!

Really?!?!

"What made you do that? You were best friends with Miss Amanda-" the officer was saying but Jacob cut him off.

"Best friends my foot!" He exclaimed and I couldn't help but gasp loudly. I could feel dad, mom and Mike looking at me. But I didn't care. Tears welled up in my eyes. I thought that Jacob changed but still remember the time we would hang out and play together.

Flashback: (when Amanda was 10)

"Blondie! Blondie!! Come down soon!" I heard Jacob call me. I quickly got down the stairs and saw him waiting in the living room for me.

We were best friends since past two years. We met in a play ground and happen to go to same school and live in the same street. I was so happy to play with him. After Eve and her family moved out, I didn't make many friends. I became quiet. But then Jacob came and these things changed.

"Let's go!" I said. Jacob turned around and smiled at me. We the left to go to the play ground we decided we would visit today. Mom was out and dad was at his job. He was a army man you know! And my baby sister Emily was sleeping in her room. She was five now. So cute and healthy. I love her a lot.

I left mom a note telling her that I will be out with Jacob so she will not worry when she will come back.

We reached the play groung and a smile immediately made its way to my face. It felt so good.

"What should we play-" I was telling but stopped when I noticed that Jacob was not around. I got worried. I couldn't spot him any where. I didn't know what to do. I even called for him but it was all a waste. So I stooped down to the ground and started to cry.

"Hey! Why are you crying blondie!?" I heard Jacob from behind me and touching my shoulder. I turned around a hugged him tightly.

"Hey! Hey! Stop crying." Jacob said in a soft voice.

"Why did you go?!" I asked him.

"I thought it would be fun-" he was telling but I cut him off.

"It would be fun?! Are you crazy?! You know how much I was scared? I thought I lost you too. After Eve, I couldn't afford loosing you too. What would I do?" I said looking at him.

"I won't go any where Blondie. Trust me. We would be best friends forever." He said and smiled at me.

"Pinky promise?" I asked him bringing my little finger up.

"Pinky promise." He repeated and locked his little finger with mine.

Flashback  ends.

Jacob broke his promise. His promise and friendship were both fake?!

"My dad and Mr. Reynolds both were in the army. They both were hard working, but my father was more deserving than him for the general's post. My father felt humiliated. And I couldn't see my father like that. So we planned to take revenge. We came to know that he had a daughter. So we planned to make her fall for me and take revenge." He paused. Tears rolled down my cheeks. Mike held me by my shoulder and comforted me.

Both of these guys were so different from each other. One was a monster and the other was an angel. If one was sky the other one was ground.

"We were almost done with the part. After about a few years we got to know about the terrorist attacks. We put our efforts there then and succeed. Then we moved out too." He said.

I was furious by now. He used me to take a damn revenge which didn't make any sense to me!

"Then why did you come back?" The officer asked him.

"I came back to check upon them and see how were they surviving. I was happy to know they were still struggling. But then that silly girl introduced me to Mike. She seemed happy. And I couldn't  stomach it. How could the family be happy destroying us? Then I stayed for few more days. Then rest is all you know." He said.

"Okay you're done now. Lock him up!" He said to some other police guy.

I was so hurt and furious. As soon as he was out of the room. I went straight and slapped him hard on his face. He deserved it. Then I returned back. I didn't even want to talk to him. Yet stay around him anymore.

I went to my parents. They were both looking sad. I went to dad and hugged him tightly. I couldn't believe all this. This was all like a bad dream which seemed like will never get over.

We cried for a few moments. But Mike cleared his throat. "I think I should leave." He said and was leaving but dad stopped him.

"Wait son!" He said. I looked at dad and then at Mike. He looked shocked too when he heard dad call him son.

"You can stay. After all you did for us, you are like a family to us. Thank you son!" Dad said and patted his shoulder. He looked at me. I nodded at him in confirmation. He then looked at dad and nodded at him with a smile.

We then did a group hug. Sounds cheesy. But yeah! We did. It felt so good to finally see my family happy.

Hope this be the same forever...

*******

Hey guys! So this is another update. I know it's kind of dramatic but it was needed for all the truths to be unfolded.

Guys this book is coming to an end. May be two more chapters. I know this is definately not the best book you might have read. But I'm  really happy I was able to write it till here.

I seriously thought that I would be stopping to write the book and delete it in the start itself. But I don't know what made me continue, and now this book is near the end.

Any way! I hope you liked the book till now.

Keep voting and reading...

Love you all..

Khushi jain aka Khush311 <3