Bonus Chapter 2 (100k!!!!)

Unedited

I was cooking breakfast when I felt a pair of arms circle around my waist and rest on my huge tummy. I immediately relaxed into his touch as he laid his head on my shoulder.

"Good morning baby," he said in his morning voice. That voice of his does things to me that I can't name.

I turned my head and kissed his cheek. "Morning sleepy head. Time to wake up and eat."

He chuckled on my shoulder which made me smile. "Okay"

Mike then made his way towards the breakfast bar. I put the pancakes into a plate and turned around to put it infront of him. I found him staring at me.

"What? Is there something on my face?" I asked as I placed the plate for him and put my palms on my tummy.

I was in ninth month of my pregnancy. And those nine months have been the best experiences of my life. I was due this week. The doctor advised me to walk and do some basic chores so that the delivery would be easy for me.

I was slowly realising that being a parent was a tough yet the best job any human can do. I was now able to feel the love of a parent. This always made me love my parents even more.

"Yes. Your skin is glowing. Pregnancy suits you so much baby. Sad that it'll only last a week," he said with a soft smile on his face. This made me blush and I smiled back at him. "Thank you."

He smiled and looked down at his plate to eat while I turned to get a plate for myself. I took a seat infront of him and immediately dug into my plate. Mike chuckled at me and I looked up at him. "What's so funny?" I frowned.

"Nothing. It's just that it's cute when you are hungry." He chuckled more. "Hey! I have to feed two humans! Not my fault that I eat more than I used to!" I exclaimed with my mouth hung open.

"I know that. And I'm thankful to you for that. Our baby is going to be very healthy." He said as he reached out to touch my tummy. I smiled warmly at him.

"Yeah. Because mama and papa loves him and can't wait to meet him already. What do we name him?" I asked as I tilted my face to think of cute baby names.

"Why him? I want our baby to be her."

"No I want a him. And he I hope he grows up to be just like you," I told him, stroking my tummy. We asked our doctor not to reveal the gender of the baby to us. We wanted it to be a surprise to us.

"And I want her to be like you," he smiled at me.

"Him."

"Her."

"Him!"

"Her!"

"Ugh shut up don't annoy me early in the morning," I scowled at him. He laughed at that. "Fine. We will find out soon."

"Yeah. I'd like to name him Aiden."

"And if it's a girl, I'd name her Abigail," he smiled warmly at me. I smiled too when I suddenly felt sharp pain in my tummy and I flinched.

Mike immediately straightened up and looked at me seriously. "What happen, are you alright Amy?" He asked with concern evident in his voice.

The pains were so heavy. "I think it's time."

———

Mike's POV

"Congratulations Mr. Tayson! You are a father to a beautiful pair of twins!"

The moment I heard those words, my mind went blank. I froze in my place.

I'm a father now? To a pair of twins?

Suddenly the weight of that thought and situation began to bring me back to reality.

I wanted to scream but I could find no voice. I was so happy. I never felt so content in my life. I jumped on the doctor and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you! thank you! Thank you so much doctor! Oh god I can't believe I'm a father! Can I see them? Is Amy okay? Are the babies okay? Do they need some medicines? I'll go and get them immediately. Is there-"

"Calm down Mr. Tayson," the doctor chuckled at me. I tried to calm my pounding heart some how.

"Can I go see them?"

"Yes of course. Come with me," The doctor said motioning for me to follow. I wasted no time and did as I was told to.

The doctor walked into a room next to the emergency ward and I followed him closely, eager to see my wife and babies.

And there they were. My wife looking radiantly beautiful as she got her weight back, her beautiful hair flowing down her shoulders and I could see that it looked radiant because of the sunlight seeping in through the blinds. And with her were the babies.

Amanda looked up and smiled. I knew then and there that I was the happiest man on this planet. I made her way towards her and kissed her forehead. And then I looked on the new life that just saw the light of this world. One was wrapped in a soft baby blue cloth and one was wrapped in a soft baby pink cloth. They were my babies and she was my wife. And they were beautiful.

"Beautiful, aren't they?" Amanda spoke softly and lovingly looking at the babies and then at me.

I couldn't bring myself to speak but managed to nod at her.

She smiled, "here, hold her," she said moving the pink cloth wrapped baby at me. I delicately took hold of the baby. I was scared that I might hurt her. She was so small. So beautiful.

"She looks like you," I spoke softly still looking at the baby in awe.

"And he looks like you," she said as she looks at the baby boy and at me.

I then heard a clicking sound of a camera from the other side of the room. The doctor had a poloroid camera with him as he clicked a picture of us. The doctor smiled.

"Your wife asked for this as a favour. And I couldn't deny it. You are a beautiful family Mr. Tayson. Treasure that always," the doctor spoke with great experience and I noticed that his slight wrinkles were visible on his face as he smiled.

"Yes doctor.. yes I will. Thank you so much," I finally managed to say and smile at the doctor.

"Nah. Nothing big. I guess I'll get going. I'll send in the nurses to check up on you and the babies," he said looking at Amanda and walked out.

I let the weight of the reality sink in. "I'm a father."

"Yes Mike. And I'm a mother," she smiled beautifully at him.

His life couldn't get any better.

* * * * * *

[A/N]:

OH MY GAWD +100K READS ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

I can't believe it's come to this. I'm so happy. This is so... Wow. Thank you guys so much for this. This made 2018 less painful for me. Thank you.

Here's a bonus chapter for you guys as the book has reached to +100k reads. I hope you like it.

Please do vote and comment your thoughts on the book. I love reading and responding to them.

Happy reading!

Khushi Jain