Chapter: 25

"Hi..." I said to Eve with a small wave.

She looked at me, then a smile burst on her face. "Amy! Come here!" She said opening her arms for me.

I hesitated for a moment but let it go and went to hug her. She held me tightly. I relaxed in her presence. She really had some positive vibes or energy around her. Her warmth was welcoming. I felt like home.

After a while, we pulled back. "How are you?" I asked her still not looking her in the eye.

"You blame yourself, don't you?" She asked softly with a knowing tone of a voice.

This made me look at her immediately. "Uh... I.." I was stuttering.

"Don't do it," she said holding my hand in hers. "What.." she cut me off.

"Don't blame yourself Amy. It was not your fault..." this time, I cut her off.

"No! It was all my fault. You wouldn't have had been in this place right now, if I would have agreed to Jacob!" I exclaimed.

"If you would have agreed to Jacob, I would have really hurt. You've always had been like this. Always sacrificing for others. Blaming yourself for the faults of others. It is a good trait sometimes but you know, if it hurts you or makes you blame yourself for some dumb bullshit. Then you really have to work alot on your personality development." She said it seriously.

I sighed. "But.." she cut me off again.

"There is no but in there Amy! I said it's not your fault and that's it!" She said strictly.

"Yes mom!" I said nodding at her with a smirk on my face.

She rolled her eyes. And, we were back to normal....

*****

After talking to Eve since like for hours, it felt really good now.

Right now, I'm with Mike in his car, and he is taking me somewhere I really don't know. He wouldn't open his mouth about where we are going. And this started to annoy the hell out of me.

Finally, he stopped near some woods. I frowned. Why would he bring me here?

"Why are we here?" I asked him.

"You'll know. Just follow me." He said and got down the car. I unclipped my seat belt and was about to get down when I saw Mike was already in front of my door. He opened the door for me with a goofy smile plastered on his face.

"My lady.." he said so sweetly sticking out his hand for me to take. But this made me laugh at him. He grinned. I gladly took his hand and got down the car.

He then walked me to the woods. It was green and dense everywhere I could see. I could hear the birds chirping, the insects buzzing or what ever it is. I loved it. I always loved it. Nature. Usually you will find that girls are scared as hell to walk into the woods. But I was a different case. I love walking through them.

I was gazing here and there when suddenly my ankle got twisted.

"Ah! Ouch!" I cried bending a little. It hurt like hell.

"Shit! What happened?" Mike asked with concern clear in his voice.

"I got my ankle twisted." I said gasping when a sudden pang of pain hit me.

"Is it bad?" Mike asked looking at my feet. I looked at him and lied through my teeth. "No. It's not that bad." I said and started to take a step.

But failed. I stumbled a little when my bad leg hit the ground. "Shit!" I heard Mike say as he was on time for saving me from falling down.

"You are not okay. You want to show it to a doctor or I could help you out. I got some physiotherapy lessons in the school." He said looking at me.

I thought for a second. I definitely don't want to go back to the hospital. I hate the smell of the medicine and antiseptic. And if he could do it then why not?

"I don't want to see a doctor. You do it." I said him.

Soon, all I knew was that I was sitting on a rock near by and Mike was examining my foot. It was really not that bad I think. It is definitely not a fracture or a sprain. May be just a muscle pull.

Mike gently moved my foot. It didn't hurt though. But then he gave my feet a sudden jerk in the opposite side of how it got twisted. It was painful.

I gasped loudly. Then Mike left my foot. I glared at him and got up on my feet to yell at him.

"Are you mad.." I was saying when I saw him smirking at me. I frowned but then realised that I was actually standing and it didn't hurt. I looked at him with wide eyes.

How did he do that?! I lift my leg a bit and gave my feet a gentle move. Surprisingly, it didn't hurt!

I grinned at him. "Wow! It doesn't hurt!" I said to him.

He smiled at me. "I know. But you will still not strain you leg." He said.

Before I could respond, I was in Mike's arms in bridal style.

"Mike! What are you doing?! Just put me down!" I said to him gasping loudly.

"Nope." He smirked at me and started walking.

"But..." I was saying but he cut me short. "Shh" that's it.

Ugh!!

I kept quiet. I know it was useless to quarrel with him. Just waste of my energy. I sighed and rest my head in the crook of his neck, taking in his familiar scent. I smiled to myself. This is just so perfect.

******

Hello guys!! So here's an update. One more chapter to go. Then the book is going to end. I'm really happy that I could actually do this.

At first, I didn't think that I would reach till here. But it feels too good to be here.

Thanks for all the people to who have read my book. Even voted and commented or not.

I love you all!! Thanks for the support!! :)

Khushi jain aka Khush311 <3