Chapter 5 - The Package

We became busy for the next few weeks with our own schedule. I finally joined the production team of 'Bullet', the action-thriller film that I would be co-directing. It was about a lady from a well-known clan of warriors and assassins since the Goryeo dynasty. She was trying to uncover the death of her mother and would travel the world to seek answers from different mafia organizations. The role was played by Ha Ji Won, one of my favorite Korean actresses.

We had to shoot most of the scenes in South Korea first before we would travel to London, Thailand and Japan in December for the rest of the scenes. It might seem hectic, but I loved my job.

Meanwhile, the band had to go to Toronto and the US for the continuation of their world tour. However, I was still in contact with them, especially Young Hyun and Jae.

Like every time after their concert, they posted another picture of their successful Los Angeles tour on Instagram and Twitter. Of course, being the supportive fan and friend that I was, I "heart"-ed their post and left a comment.

OK!rizzaaa: Good job, guys!...I wonder what you got for me from LA. ^^v

They did not reply, but a few days after, Young Hyun sent me a message on Instagram.

YoungtotheK: Do you like chocolates?

It was so random, so I just joked on my reply.

OK!rizzaaa: Only if it's free :D

I had no idea what the question was for until I received a call from So Eun one morning. We did not have a shoot that day because Ha Ji Won had a shooting schedule for her new drama.

"Hello?"

"Yeoboseyo, PD-nim. You have a package here in the office." So Eun lived in the US for two years, so she was good at English.

I got up from lying down. "From whom?"

"There's no return address."

Curious, I got up and prepared to leave the house. I dressed warmly to fight the cold weather brought by the approaching winter. It was my first time experiencing winter, but I didn't know if I should be happy or what. I hated the cold.

I boarded a taxi going to the office. I was still not familiar with the buses and I was scared I would get lost again like last time. It was my first day at the Bullet set and I rode the wrong bus. I called So Eun about my situation and she helped me find the way to the location. I arrived late and it made a pretty bad impression of me, so I never tried to ride the bus again.

I told Young Hyun about it and he told me the route and the bus I should take, only after laughing his lungs out at me. Still, I was afraid to ride the bus. I had never been good in strange places.

Upon getting to the office, I went directly to So Eun who handed me the package she was talking about. It was a medium-sized PINK box, with a red ribbon around it. I was half excited and half annoyed. I never liked pink!

I chatted with So Eun before leaving and then went to a restaurant to eat brunch. There, I decided to open the cursed box while I waited for my order. The box contained several chocolates and a note with a single word, 'Jjang.' I smiled upon seeing the note and ignored the pink sweater included in the box. I knew from whom the package was from and it was enough to make my heart explode.

I knew DAY6 was already in Korea, so I decided to text Young Hyun. I wanted to call him, but they might be busy.

Oppa, cheonmal kamsahamnida :)

It was a bit off of my character, I knew. I would never be the sweetest person one would ever meet, but I was told by close friends that I unconsciously became one when I really mean it. They were surprised the first time they encountered that side of me...and Young Hyun was one of them.

He even called me to show how surprised he was.

"Oppa?"

I laughed at his reaction. "Why? You're older than me."

It was his turn to laugh. "Anyway, are you about to eat right now?"

My order was being served and he must have heard the plates being put down. He really was quick in terms of foods, wasn't he?

"I am. Since you sent the box to the office, I had to go there. I just decided to take my brunch at the restaurant in front."

"That's in Mapo-gu, right?"

"Yep."

"Okay." Then I heard him called out to the background on Hangeul. I could not understand it, but they seemed happy with what he said.

"We'll be there in no time," he said which left me confused.

They did! They did go to the restaurant like a bunch of kids who were so happy for a treat.

"Hey, Jjang!" Jae and I bumped our fists like some sort of a 'bro' thing. Weird child.

Young Hyun just waved at me while the three greeted me with a normal, "Annyeong hasaeyo."

"What are you doing here?" I asked them as they sat down.

Young Hyun sat next to me with Jae next to him. Sungjin, Wonpil and Dowoon sat across us.

"I thought you'll be treating us to lunch?" Jae asked which really shocked me.

"When did I say that?"

Then I noticed Young Hyun who was trying to hold his laughter until he could no longer hold it and burst out laughing.

"Hey!" I just realized what he did. He must have told them earlier that I would be treating them to lunch. I was scammed!

Oh, well. Good thing I had my wallet with me. Because I was feeling good, I just decided to pay for their lunch. Sungjin realized the situation and offered to pay for everything by himself. I politely refused, but he insisted, so we agreed to divide the bill between the two of us.

"Isn't the sweater cute?" Jae suddenly asked which almost made me choke. I could not believe the words came from the guy who seemed to treat me as his younger 'brother'.

I glared at him. "It is, only if it isn't pink."

"Why? Don't you like pink?" Young Hyun asked.

"Girls...like pink," Wonpil added in his seemingly cute way of speaking.

I shook my head. "I'm not most girls. But I appreciate the gift, really. But I still have to think when and whether I will wear it or not."

"Then, we'll bring you to GOT7's fan meeting and you have to wear that sweater." Jae offered.

My eyes went wide with what he said. I really loved GOT7 and it was my dream to watch one of their performances live.

"Your ears. Red," Sungjin commented pointing at my ears.

I covered them with my hand while they laughed at me.

"You're blushing." It was Young Hyun's turn to tease me. "It is a deal then?"

I did not answer because I was too overwhelmed, but I guess it was a deal. Wearing a pink sweater would not kill me, anyway.

"Who bought this, anyway?" I asked referring to the cursed sweater.

They all pointed to Young Hyun.

"It's a gift," he said. "You just celebrated your birthday last November first, right?"

Probably because I was a fan, I felt warmth embrace my being. It was not every day a fan would receive a gift from the person she idolized, right?