Chapter 34 - The Number 1 Fan

My life the following days were full of meetings and preparations for the filming. That was why on my day off I decided to go to DAY6's fansign event. It was a secret to the members because I wanted to surprise them.

The event was in Yeouido and I arrived really early. I sat on the far corner of the event hall. Half of my face was covered by a facemask. I was also wearing eyeglasses and a cap. It was your typical undercover look. I felt like I was investigating someone discreetly.

Minutes before the start of the fansign activity, I received a call. A call from Young Hyun!

What should I do? Ah! Whatever.

I cleared my throat and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Oh? Are you well?"

I was sweating. He probably did not expect the awkward greeting.

"I am." I noticed the girl beside me gave me a sideway glance.

"Why are you whispering?" He asked again.

I sighed. "I'm trying to do an ASMR."

He laughed at the joke. It made me smiled and relaxed somehow.

"Don't you have a schedule?" I changed the topic to take his curiosity off me.

"We do. Actually, we are about to start." I heard Sungjin call him in the background. "I have to go. I'll call you again later."

"Okay." Fortunately, he did not ask where I was.

A moment after the call ended, the DAY6 members came out. The fans cheered when they took the center stage and introduced themselves.

It was fun! They connected well with the fans. They were joking around, playing around...they also sang some of their latest songs and did a cover of Maroon 5 and LANY's songs. Although I could not understand most of what they were saying, I still enjoyed the event...except Young Hyun's fangirls though.

I could not sit still when they shouted Young Hyun's name and this guy just shot hearts in return! I wanted to show myself right then and there, but I controlled myself. They were his fans! Yet, I was jealous.

Then they started to sign albums. Of course, I lined up. They already signed the album I bought, so I bought another one. The funny thing was I never once got a Young K photocard. I had Jae and Dowoon's.

I was almost near the stage when I felt it. Headache. It was so sudden that it made me stagger.

"Gwaenchanh-ayo?"

I looked at the girl behind me on the line and nodded.

The headache had been recurring every day since the week before. I knew it wasn't migraine because it was often sudden and only targeted the front part of my head.

I took painkillers, but as much as I could, I chose to bear the pain. I was not really a fan of medicines. I always forgot to go see a doctor because I was often busy, but I might go after the fansign.

The pain subsided after a few minutes of massaging my temple. I did not even notice that I was already at the table and Wonpil was already waiting for me.

"Annyeong hasaeyo," he greeted.

"Hi," was my return greeting. I gave him the album for him to sign.