Chapter 21 - Hearts Don't Lie

I stared at him for one second...two...three...Then turned away from him. I walked away, but he chased me and grabbed my hand.

"Krizza."

So I decided to face him and asked, "Are you serious?"

He was trying to smile, but there was pain he was trying to conceal. "Wae? You mean you didn't believe me when I said I like you?"

I closed my eyes for seconds, and then opened them again. "I told you, it's not the good time for you to have a dating rumor, right?"

"It's not—" He sighed exasperatedly. "Do you feel the same way as I do?"

"Brian—"

"No, please." He cut in. "Just answer my question. Do you feel the same way as I do?"

Of course! But...

I stared at him, trying to form the words in my mind. For goodness sake! It was the moment I had been fantasizing, the moment I had been hoping, but there I was confused, unable to say what I really wanted to say. Because I didn't know what would happen. Could I risk his career? Of course, not.

"Krizza, just answer my question. Are our feelings mutual?"

I looked away from him and silently asked for forgiveness. "No, sorry."

"What...Jjang, look at me and say that again."

I couldn't!

"Krizza..."

I looked up and met his eyes. Pain. It was written all over his face. "No. I'm sorry. I don't feel the same way."

I had seen many actors portrayed pain before, but I just realized I had never seen its truest form until I saw it from Young Hyun's eyes. It was so raw, so real that I regretted having said those words. Only if I could take them back.

"Do you mean it?"

No. "Yes."

Tears began to fall from his eyes. He ran his fingers through his hair several times. Then left without another word.

When the taxi he hailed was nowhere to be seen, my tears finally fell down...and so was I. I sat there on the roadside crying my heart out, the flowers totally forgotten.

...

I couldn't sleep that night. I even went to the set the next day, looking like a huge mess. I was also half an hour late, but no one asked me why. They probably saw how distressed I was.

I was telling the staff to get ready when Jae approached me. He looked worried but was bothered even more when he saw my puffy eyes.

"Brian isn't here yet. He hasn't gone to the dorm. He's not even replying to my messages or answering our calls." He said. "Are you okay?"

I nodded but didn't answer.

We waited for Young Hyun. His teammates and manager kept on contacting him, but he wasn't answering any of their calls.

Because we needed him on the scene, we couldn't start the shoot. So I just decided to call it off and re-schedule the shoot for that scene the next night. However, Young Hyun finally arrived when I was telling everyone to prepare for the next scene.

He ignored me and went directly to his bandmates. Their stylist prepped him immediately and I decided to go on with the shoot despite the ache I felt inside me. I tried my best to be professional although I really wanted to cry.