Chapter 15 - Fangirl

It was the night of GOT7's 5th-anniversary fan meeting. Jae waited for me at the VIP entrance and we went inside together. He was grinning ear-to-ear when he saw me wearing the pink sweater.

"Hey, the color actually suits you!" He said.

I threw him a sharp look. "But it doesn't suit my taste."

I thought we were going directly to our seats, but I was shocked when we stopped outside a door that says, 'GOT7'. I knew what it was.

"Hey, is this GOT7's waiting room?"

He smiled and nodded.

OMG! My heart suddenly wanted to combust. Eotteohke?

He told me to wait outside first. He went in and I was able hear the conversation with the slightly opened door. DAY6 was there with GOT7. They were laughing and joking around, with Jackson, Bambam and Young Hyun dominating and the rest just laughing. I could actually identify whose laugh belongs to whom even without seeing them. They're a hilarious bunch! Made more hilarious with the two groups in one place.

"Hey, guys! Guess who grace us with her presence tonight." Jae asked them dramatically putting a pause on the laughters.

I entered the room on his cue and was met by surprised faces of DAY6 and curious glances of GOT7.

"Jjang!" -- Young Hyun.

"Noona!" -- Dowoon.

"Oh?" -- Sungjin and Wonpil.

"Annyeong hasaeyo." -- GOT7.

I bowed at them and said 'hello' to everyone.

"Woah! I thought you won't make it today." Young Hyun exclaimed in surprise. Then, he turned to the guys of GOT7. "Friends, this is Krizza Steins from the Philippines, the Director of The Girl and the War and the upcoming film, Bullet." He sounded like a proud father.

I wanted to shout in glee when the seven idols shook hands with me, but I controlled myself. Hah! Imagine the control I needed to use over myself.

"PD-nim, we actually have an actor over here," Jackson said pointing at Jinyoung who smiled shyly.

"I know," I told them. "I'm your fan."

I felt my face turned warm when they looked amazed with what I said.

"That's what she said when we met her for the first time," Young Hyun cut in, sounding like a jealous kid. "Don't believe her."

"Hey," I tried to pinch him on the side, but he scurried away from me.

"She is also our fan," Jae cut in. "But she seems to like you, guys more. Would you believe that?"

I just suddenly found myself on the end of Young Hyun and Jae's teasing. Good thing Jackson saved me by asking about mangoes. Yep. MANGOES. They also told me about their past fan meetings in PH.

After the short personal meeting, we left GOT7 and went to our seats among the audience. It was only then that Young Hyun noticed the pink sweater I was wearing under the black coat.

"You're wearing it!" He was grinning ear-to-ear. The other members looked at me, so I tried to hide the cursed sweater.

"Shhh!" I shushed him.

Not long after, the fan meeting began with a video, showcasing how GOT7 grew through the years. It was followed by an opening performance of 'Girls, Girls, Girls', 'Stop, Stop It' and 'I Like You' 2018 version. Then GOT7 welcomed the fans with lively messages.

It was the first time I attended a fan meeting of theirs and I really enjoyed it. They were so funny and entertaining. I laughed at their banters and cried when Mark cried while giving his message to the fans. (He always cries.)

The fan meeting was two-hour and a half long, but no portion was boring. It ended with every fan in the arena smiling and full with happiness.

...

After the fan meeting, we returned to GOT7's waiting room. I and DAY6 took a picture with them. I was also able to talk personally with Jinyoung who had watched the film I was known of. We talked about it and suddenly I just wanted to cast him on a future project. He was so professional talking with me that I forgot how savage he actually was! (Kekeke!)

I left with DAY6 first. Young Hyun was already complaining about how hungry he was, so we left to eat at the nearest Korean barbecue place.

"So how is your mom?" Jae asked me after we ordered.

"She's recovering at home," I answered. "I'm just glad nothing worse happened to her."

"Good. We were really worried, you know, especially this guy." He pointed to the person next to him, who happened to be Young Hyun.

He smiled and transferred his gaze from Jae to me. I did not know what to do, so I just smiled back at him. Then, I noticed Wonpil slightly elbowing Dowoon while staring at the two of us.

"Why?" I asked the maknaes.

But Wonpil only smiled...with malice. "Amu geotdo eopseoyo." (Nothing.)

Our order arrived and so we ate noisily as usual. Then, I remembered Sungjin would soon be celebrating his birthday. We sang him a 'happy birthday' song and promised him I'd get him a gift when they return from their European tour.

Then Sungjin mentioned about the web drama.

"Jjang, joheun sosikiya! Urineun web deurama-e khaeseuting-dwieotda." (Jjang, good news! We are casted for a web drama.) I only understood two words, but I knew what it was about.

I bit my tongue trying not to tell them that I knew about the web drama.

"Jinjja?" I faked my surprise. I just hoped, I was a good actress as I was as a director. "That's wonderful! What it is about?"

It was Jae who answered, "Just some high school band and a high school love story. It's cute actually."

"Why do you sound uninterested?" I asked him.

"No! I'm actually excited, but I have to play the second lead again." He complained. "It's actually like a spin-off of our music videos for 'I Loved You', 'When You Love Someone' and 'What Can I Do'. These two will be taking the 'love triangle' in another level though." He was referring to Sungjin and Young Hyun.

I laughed at his tirade. I already read the script and it was exactly what he just said. The only difference between the web drama and the MVs would be the fact that they would play as a BAND, meaning they knew each other since the first sequence.

"What's the problem about being the second lead? Most viewers actually love the second lead." I said just to cheer him up. "By the way, who's the leading lady?"

"Suzy-sunbaenim," Wonpil suddenly said which made us crack.

I knew who the casts were, but what Wonpil said was really funny. It was not impossible, but it was also far from happening.

The dinner took a long time again, but it was fun as usual. I might not be directing the script that I really wanted, but at least I had the best people around me.