Chapter 12 - The Girl in a Movie

The team Bullet's last stop was Thailand. We filmed there for a week until the 28th. We had a simple celebration on the evening of the 24th for the Holidays.

It was not the first time that I spent Christmas away from my family, so I was used to it. I just video-called my mom and siblings and sent greetings to my friends in my home country. I also greeted the guys of DAY6 and promised them to bring them an elephant each. Of course, it was a joke.

On the 25th, I was surprised to receive a call from Young Hyun. He mentioned that he was celebrating the holiday alone since Jae went home to LA while the other three went to their respective hometown.

"When are you returning to Seoul, anyway?" He asked.

I was in our hotel room that day, enjoying our one-day rest by watching Youtube videos.

I laughed at the video I was watching before I answered him. "On the 29th. We'll wrap up our shoot on the day before."

He must have noticed I was not giving him full attention because he asked, "What are you laughing about? You seemed happy."

I paused the video and listened to him attentively and wholeheartedly. "I'm watching something. GOT7's really funny, aren't they?"

It's the group's videos I was watching actually.

"Hah. And I thought you're our number one fan!" He exclaimed on the other end of the line. He did not sound angry, but he might have found it hilarious.

"Hey, I'm a Kpop fan," I said, defending myself, but I was laughing at his tirade. "I listen to different groups. It just so happens that you guys are my favorite band."

"Woah, jinjja. I really thought that we are the only one in your heart."

It sounded cheesy, but I was laughing at it. "Sorry, no one owns my heart."

"Not even me?"

The question caught me off-guard. It almost stopped me from breathing. But I tried to act normal despite the wild beating of my heart.

I forced to laugh. "Are you 'no one'?"

He laughed at the joke.

It was a joke, okay? Though I was hoping he would bite it, he didn't.

"Ya, let's have a New Year date."

Wait, what?

I thought my heart exploded at that moment. I was not able to answer, frozen on the spot.

"Hello?"

It felt as if cold water was poured into me. "Huh? Uhh, yeah, sure."

He sounded excited. "Okay! Just a simple friendly date, probably we can watch a movie?"

If that was an example of 'friendzoned', then I guess I was 'friendzoned'. I knew it. It was only a 'friendly' date. What should I expect?

It was still a week, but we already planned the New Year. I guess that's what happens when two people are alone in the New Year. They get alone together.

Okay, forget it.

After we wrapped up our shoot, we had a little celebration with all the casts and crew. The next day, we flew back to Seoul.