Chapter 18 - Beautiful Feeling

I was combing my hair in front of the mirror when I realized I was actually humming. I stopped what I was doing and stared at myself.

I was happy. It was obvious on my face, the way I dressed and...well, I was humming. I could not explain what I was feeling, but I knew it was something beautiful. It was different from the happiness I felt when The Girl and The War was nominated for huge film festivals in and out of my country or when I was offered to work with CJ E&M. It was the kind of peaceful happiness which you would want to hold unto for the rest of your life.

It was the day for the initial meeting of the casts and production crew of DAY6's new web drama. I was nervous, not because I had to face new unfamiliar faces, but because I was actually meeting DAY6, especially Young Hyun. I did not know how I would act in front of him after our last phone call! Should I act as if he did not say anything?

Since I had to go with So Eun, I dropped by the CJ E&M office first. We rode the company's service car to JYPE. When we arrived, DAY6 was already there along with people I didn't know. Sitting across Sungjin was a familiar lady who played the lead role in 'Dream Knight' and 'Touching You'. She would be playing the lead role again for DAY6's web drama.

Everyone stood up and greeted us. I was actually surprised seeing the members of DAY6 being so formal with me though it was obvious they were restraining themselves from shouting, "Jjang!"

One of JYPE's staff approached us and guided us near the head of the table. I sat on the third seat on the left side across Choi Sam Soon, the writer of the web drama. We shook hands and she congratulated me for the success of Bullet.

Not long after, Trina Lee arrived with Kim Seung Ho. We shook hands and as usual, Trina was energetic.

"I watched your film and I was really amazed." She said making me somewhat embarrassed. She was so loud and excited.

I knew everyone was looking at us, so I turned to them and said, "Please pardon her, she's just excited to see me."

Everyone laughed and Trina looked at me with big eyes. "You're so mean."

I knew she didn't mean it because she was also laughing.

While waiting for JYP, the two of us talked about the film. She was really loud that I had to hush her several times.

"I noticed you used a similar shot in The Girl and the War and Bullet. That shot of the sky in the leading lady's perspective." She said.

I frowned at her while trying to remember the scene she was talking about.

"Don't tell me you already forgot your films?"

I leaned closer to her and whispered, "I only watch my films once, only on premiere nights."

She stared at me in disbelief. "You're hilarious."

I laughed and unconsciously turned my head towards the direction of DAY6. I caught Young Hyun staring at me. He smiled when our eyes met and my heart made a backflip. I smiled back and looked away fast before he could see my face turn red.

I had been avoiding looking at him since we arrived earlier, so I could remain calm. But one smile and I was already out of my wits. Shit.

"By the way, how do you know Martin Cerulean?"

As my mind was elsewhere, all I could answer to my seatmate was, "Huh?"

She frowned at me. "Why are you blushing?" Then her eyes widen again. "Is Martin someone special to you by any chance?"