Chapter 10 - Falling

Until our last day in London, I did not open any of my social media accounts. I was busy anyway with the film. We were trying to catch up with the time because the film was set to release in the last week of January next year.

Despite feeling a bit down for the rest of our stay in London, I still tried my best to enjoy it. It was one of my dream destinations, why would I sulk?

We returned to South Korea on the 17th. From the airport, I went directly to my apartment. To my surprise, I was welcomed by a small white envelope pasted on the door. I took it and looked for the sender, but there was nothing. I opened it after putting all my stuff down on my bedroom floor.

It was a letter. And I almost cried when I saw whom it was from.

Jjang,

First of all, I am sorry. I know you are upset with what I said on IG. It's only just...

Anyway, I am really sad to see that you deleted all your pictures on your account. I know it's my fault, so let me make it up to you. Call me when you arrive in Seoul.

And I really hope to celebrate my birthday with you and the guys.

Brian

He signed the letter with his English name! I felt a lump in my throat and tears started to well up.

I was about to re-read the note when my phone rang. I almost jumped. I checked who the caller was and saw it was Jae.

I cleared my throat before answering the call. "Hello?"

He must have been shocked with my intro, because he asked, "Are you okay? You sound..."

"I'm just tired. I just arrived from London." I excused, afraid that they might just barge in again in my apartment.

"Right. I just called to make sure you arrived safely. I mean, someone asked me to."

I heard someone scolded, "Ya" in a hushed voice. It sounded Young Hyun.

My heart went beating fast again. I smiled. "Tell that someone that I'm fine and that I won't be breaking my promise."

Then Jae said to the background, "Ya' hear that?" And he laughed.

I asked him where we would be meeting on the 19th.

"Just around Mapo-gu. We don't want you getting lost again."

...

My rest days before we left for Thailand was dedicated to sleeping. Plenty of it. I had been working non-stop since I arrived in South Korea and I badly needed rest. I never logged in on any of my social media accounts and I was still not on speaking terms with Young Hyun. It was only Jae who was calling and texting me until the 19th of December.

The celebration was in the evening. Jae texted me detailed instructions on how to get to the restaurant (from my apartment to the venue) although it was only a few meters away from the building of CJ E&M. Like, duh?

I wrapped up a video conference with my producers in Manila before going to the restaurant. I also bought a cake on my way. Because of the meeting, I was ten minutes late. Ten minutes and Jae was already bombarding me with text messages asking if I would still come! As if I would let such a celebration pass. I was still a fan of them.

Outside the restaurant, I saw Jae waiting for me. When he saw me get off of the taxi, he quickly ushered me into the room they reserved for us. (I took the taxi because I knew I was going to be late, okay?)