Chapter 7 - Warmth in the Cold

I arrived home that night safe and warm, thanks to Young Hyun. He even bought me food before we drove to my apartment and reminded me to drink hot coffee or chocolate before I sleep. He was really thoughtful, a very kind person.

However, the next morning, I woke up with a high fever. I was disoriented that I even forgot what woke me up. Then I heard my phone rang. Ah, that was it.

I answered the call without looking at the screen. "Yes?"

"Did I wake you up?" It was Young Hyun.

"I think, yes, but it's okay," I said groggily. I tried to open my eyes, but my surrounding seemed spinning. I was dizzy.

"Are you okay? You sound sick." He really was sharp, wasn't he?

"Just a slight fever probably because of the cold and what happened last night. I just need to rest."

"Are you sure?"

I could not help, but smile. "Yes, dad."

He laughed. "Dad? Last time I was your oppa, now I'm your dad?"

I did not answer, though I kept the tight smile on my face.

The call ended and I went back to sleep. I woke up later when my phone rang again. This time, I checked who the caller was. I also checked the time. It was Jae and it was already noon.

"Yo, brother." I greeted.

"Open the door."

I was still unwell, but even if I was fine, I would still be confused with what he said. So I asked, "What door?"

"Your door." He answered in an urgent tone. Then I heard someone, who sounded Young Hyun, from the background said, "Quick! It's so cold here."

I got up immediately despite my nausea, tied my messy hair in a bun and wrapped a blanket around me before I went to the door of my apartment. I opened it and waiting outside were Jae and Young Hyun.

They immediately went in.

"Hey, what are you two doing here?" I asked them as I ushered them into the living room.

They put down the four plastic bags and two paper bags they brought on my table and sat down comfortably on the couch.

"We brought lunch and some fruits," It was Jae who answered my question. "And there are some warm clothes."

I frowned at him, but he only shrugged, so I looked at Young Hyun who said, "You need these if you wanted to survive the winter here. By the way, you look like a mess."

My God, why was he so honest?

"I'm sick and I always look like a mess." I just said. "Anyway, thank you, but you don't actually need to." I sat on one empty chair and tucked myself inside the blanket.

"Have you taken medicine?" Young Hyun asked.

I shook my head. "I just woke up. I haven't eaten and I don't think I have medicine."

"Oh, my God. What should I do with this child?" Jae suddenly exclaimed while looking at the ceiling. He sounded like my uncle. Then he got up. "I'll buy medicines. Do you need anything else?"

"It's fine. You don't need to." I said, stopping him. "What if fans would see you?"

"He even went to buy tissue in a grocery store in house-clothes and slippers with a skateboard on hand." Young Hyun said, trying not to laugh.

"Besides, you're our fan. You already saw me in my most ordinary self." Jae added. He went out after I did not comment any further.

It became silent after Jae left. As I was still sleepy, I closed my eyes and rested my head on the chair's backrest. I heard Young Hyun got up, but I remained still, listening. Then I felt his cold hand on my forehead. I opened my eyes in surprise.

"You're burning," he commented.

I believed him. Just imagine being that near to your bias, who wouldn't burn?

"You should go to the hospital," he added which I strongly opposed.

"Oh, no. I'm really fine. I just have to rest." I could not say that I was not really a fan of hospitals.

His face turned serious, which was actually intimidating. He did not say anything, so I stirred the conversation to another topic.

"I'm actually famished, but I felt nauseous."

"Okay. Then, I'll prepare you some food."

I was relieved.

I watched him pick the bags of food and went to the kitchen. He took his coat off and looked around. When he probably did not find what he needed, he turned to me.

"You don't have an apron?"

I shook my head. "I don't have time to cook."

He did not comment further and just went back to preparing the food.

I must have slept because when I opened my eyes again, Jae was already there playing something with his phone. I scanned my surrounding and saw Young Hyun almost done cooking. He looked up from what he was doing and our eyes met. A smile slowly formed on his handsome face.

At that moment, I did not know what to do. My heart just started beating fast and the world just seemed to stop. I told myself that it was just a normal reaction of a fan who received a smile from her bias, but something was telling me it was more than that.

"Oh, the sleeping beauty is awake." Jae got my attention away from Young Hyun. "You should eat, so you can take your medicine."

As if on cue, Young Hyun approached with a bowl of warm...whatever. Huh?

"What's that?" I asked frowning at the unidentified food.

"It's porridge," and he answered proudly.

"Porridge? The porridge I know is white, not...grayish." I could not smell the food because of sinusitis, so I could not tell how bad it was.

"Ya, don't judge the food by its color. I assure you this is healthy and organic."

Organic? I tried not to laugh. JYP Entertainment had been known to feed its artists with organic foods. Young Hyun was trying to convert me.

I tried the food with a grungy face.

"So?" The two were expecting my reaction, but I stared at them with blank thoughts.

"I can't actually taste it," I said.

"Well, that's good," Jae said and went back to playing with his phone.

Young Hyun looked at him in disbelief and I stifled a laugh.

For the first time in my life, it did not feel bad to be sick and on my own.