Chapter 45 - I'll Remember

Krizza rode with them back to Toronto. She told them about her work as a feature writer in the local newspaper. They learned about what happened to her after the surgery and the guys told her about their memories in Seoul together, especially the web drama. But no one told her about what she and Young Hyun meant to each other. He asked them not to. He did not want to make things awkward between them.

When they arrived in Toronto, he and Krizza took a cab home. They were alone together at last...but Young Hyun was nervous.

"They're fun." She said with a smile plastered on her face. "So I'd been in Seoul and it seemed I really had a wonderful time."

"Are the memories not coming back?" He was afraid it was like that.

She thought for a while. "I guess they are. When Sungjin talked about the web drama, I remembered a school. It was faint, but I guess you can call that memory."

He was relieved. So it was helpful after all.

"But I felt there is still something missing. Something really important as if...if I won't remember it, I won't remember everything."

He looked away and did not say anything.

When they arrived in their neighborhood, he climbed out of the taxi with her in front of her house. He was reminded of the time when he would accompany her back or fetch her from her apartment. He missed that and all the moments with her.

"You don't have to walk me home. You should have alighted in front of your house." She said when the cab left.

He shrugged. "It's fine. Our house is just a few steps away anyway. And besides, I have something to ask."

She faced him. "What is it?"

"Do you want to go back to Seoul?"

She stilled, probably shocked with the question.

"I know it's sudden, but I believe it's better for you to go back there if you wanted for your memories to return." Chaebal, he secretly pleaded.

"I...I don't know."

His heart sank.

"I'm contented with my life now. Nothing's waiting for me there."

I've been waiting for you, he wanted to say.

He nodded despondently. "I understand."

She smiled, but it did not seem to reach her eyes. "Good night, Brian."

He watched her turned away...again. It was painful.

...

They left Canada the next day and he never saw her again since then. It was hard for him to let her go just like that, but he did not know what to do. He had to go back to Seoul because their comeback was just around the corner.

The days after that became excruciatingly long again. He should have been happy for seeing her again, but he could not. He still loved her and it hurt him knowing she might never come back to him again.

"10 bun namaseo! Junbiga dwita." (Ten minutes to go! Get ready.) The production director called out to the DAY6 members.

They were in Mnet studio, where they would be recording their comeback performance that would be aired on the night of November 4th, their comeback date. It was their second comeback that year and their last comeback together before Sungjin would enlist in the military.