Chapter 20 - Spring Flowers

The weather was getting warmer, though it was still cold. Winter was finally over and spring had started.

We were shooting steadily. But I was actually worried about DAY6. They were busy with the web drama and at the same time, for their comeback in the 4th week of March. Their schedule was crazy. That's why I tried to be kinder to them on the set.

The web drama was moved to air starting on the last week of April since we began shooting late in February. It would only be 12 episodes long, with 25 minutes running time each episode. Although it might seem short, the shoot was long. We had to move double-time, but without compromising the quality of the drama.

"Are you finally treating us to lunch?" Young Hyun asked while we were on a break.

I was reviewing the script when he sat beside me and decided to pester me. I looked up from the script and noticed the other four were not around.

"You're not leaving immediately after the shoot?" My heart started beating fast again. Ever since I met that guy, my heart had never gotten normal.

"Not if you'll treat us to lunch."

I laughed at him. "Do you only think about food?"

"Before, but now, it's just all about you."

If I heard it from another person, I might probably choke, but hearing those words from him, made me wanted to do a somersault. It was cheesy, but I loved it.

Since he confessed to me, I had noticed the changes in the way he treated me. He became more caring and more protective. His bandmates noticed it as well because one time, Jae just asked me out-of-the-blue if we were dating. But of course, I could not answer him because even I was not sure if we were dating or not.

After the shoot that morning, I left with DAY6 to eat lunch. They were like a bunch of kids who were just so happy for the treat. I reserved a table for us before we went to the restaurant. We had to eat quickly because they still had a schedule in the afternoon. Then we had to resume the shoot in the evening.

On our way to our table, I bumped with an old American man in his late 40s. I quickly apologized but was surprised when he mentioned a familiar name.

"Kristina?"

I smiled awkwardly. "Sorry, Kristina isn't my name."

"Oh?" He looked surprised, but he kept staring at me. "Sorry. You look like someone I know."

I just smiled and went to our table, but I was bothered by what the old man said.

Kristina was my biological mother's name and my relatives actually told me I looked exactly like her when she was still alive. I found it eerie, especially hearing it from a stranger.

I just decided to dismiss it and focus my attention on the food and my companions. DAY6 talked about the songs they would be releasing next and the music video they shot. They were done with the filming and were just preparing for comeback shows.

"Jjang, you have something here," Jae suddenly said, pointing at the corner of his mouth.

I mirrored him and reached for my face, but he shook his head meaning I got it wrong. He reached across the table and was about to help me get off the stuff from my face when Young Hyun beat him to it. He turned my head to face him and wiped whatever it was with a table napkin.

The guys were shocked by what he did and so was I! I felt my face turn red.

"Ya, just be honest, the two of you," Jae looked pointed at us. "Are you dating?"

My breath hitched. The attack was so sudden. I just wished I would disappear that instant. Still, I managed to answer, "No."

I felt Young Hyun's stare, but I did not turn to look at him. I was afraid of what I would see if I do.

I heard him sneer sarcastically. "Right. We aren't."

It was not what he said that made me turn my head. It was the pain I heard in his voice. He was staring at me, his eyes reflecting what I heard.

There was an uncomfortable silence on the table. No one said anything until the server approached us with another serving of samgyeupsal.

It was Sungjin who broke the silence. "Geukeon chumunhaji anhasseoyo." (We didn't order that.) He told the server.

I broke the staring contest with Young Hyun and shifted my attention to the woman.

"Nuga igeol neohante churago haesseo. Imi jibuldwieoss-shimnida." (Someone told me to give this to you. It's already paid.) Then she left us.

I asked Jae what the server said and he said that someone paid for the samgyeupsal and asked her to give it to us. I looked around and tried to see from whom the food might have been, but there was no one who struck my attention, except for the old American man who gave me an informal salute. It gave me a creep, but I didn't say it loud.

Young Hyun was quiet for the rest of the lunch. He just also muttered, "Bye" when we parted ways after. It bothered me actually. I didn't know what went wrong and I couldn't just ask.

After lunch, I went to Studio Dragon to supervise the editing of the web drama. I only went out of the office when it was time to go home. That was how my life usually was.

I was about to go out of the editing room when a staff member entered with a bouquet of flowers. She went directly to me and handed me the flowers. I was shocked.

"Uhh...Is this mine?" I sounded like an idiot again, but I just wanted to be sure.

The staff nodded. "The delivery guy said, 'for Director Steins'. Today's White Day. Have you forgotten?"

I frowned and just thanked her. I knew what 'White Day' was, but I didn't actually care. We didn't have such in the Philippines, plus I was no romantic.

I looked for a note which might bear the name of the sender, but there was none. Just flowers. I had a hunch who sent it, but I did not want to jump to a conclusion.

Since I just couldn't leave it in the office, I brought it with me when I left Studio Dragon.

I was walking briskly that I didn't notice the guy waiting outside the building. It was almost midnight and I was already feeling sleepy. And since I didn't know him, I just walked past him. But I stopped when I heard him call me.

"Jjang."

I turned my heels around to face the guy. Only when he removed his face mask I realized that it was Young Hyun. My eyes widened in surprise.

I immediately approached him while looking around. "What are you doing here?" I was worried someone might know him.

He smiled instead of answering my question. "I have something to tell you."

I often feared that sentence. It sounded like an impending disaster.

"Is it that urgent? Uhh...we'll just be seeing each other tomorrow on the set, you know."

He shook his head. "I realized it can't wait."

"Well, what is it?" My heartbeat was irregular again.

"Let's date."