Chapter 44 - For Her

Young Hyun was nervous. It was not their first time performing, but he was jittery. He had been glancing at the wall clock in their waiting room and tapping his foot while waiting for their cue to come out. When they did, his heart was already trying to come out of his ribcage.

The reason for his nervousness was either of these two: Krizza did not attend or Krizza attended. Whichever, he was nervous. Yet, he was hoping she would come.

As usual, the concert was never boring. The audience was as energetic as ever. DAY6 was really having fun playing their instruments and singing their hearts out.

After the 1st set of songs, each member gave their welcome to the My Days.

"Vancouver, are you ready?!" It was Jae who was already hyped.

The whole arena responded with a loud "yes" and cheers.

Sungjin thanked them in Korean which Jae translated. Then the latter said, "By the way, Young K wants to say something."

Young Hyun glared at him in surprise. It was unrehearsed. But the eldest hyung just smiled at him with mischief.

"Ah...Well." His eyes scanned the crowd, but he could not find her. "Just enjoy the night. The good songs are on us."

But Jae must have not been satisfied. "And?"

"And..." He glanced at his friends and back to the audience. "The next song is for you. Yes. You."

Jae's teasing laughter was followed by Beautiful Feeling.

All throughout the Vancouver concert, Young Hyun was hoping she was there. He wanted her to remember the first time they personally met, at their first concert in Manila two years ago. It was his first step.

For the third to the last song, they sang Freely, hyping everyone more. Jae and Young Hyun went to the upper seats to see the fans closer...and well, for Young Hyun to find his beloved. However, he was not able to find him until he heard Jae's laugh. When they went back to the stage, he mouthed, "She's here. She's here."

It finally made him feel relieved.

For their ending ment, Young Hyun did not waste the chance to finally say what he felt.

"First, I wanted to thank every one of you for coming tonight and for always supporting and loving us."

"I know you are aware of what happened to me for the past few months and I do not want to hide the fact that I was indeed unhappy and heartbroken."

The audience cried their sympathy out loud, but he continued.

"And I thank everyone who sent me words of encouragement. You gave me the strength to go on and find reasons to be happy even if it was hard."

His bandmates started to tease him and even told him not to cry.

"But now, you do not have anything to worry about. I'm truly happy." He was smiling brightly. "I feel jjang."

Jae was the noisiest among the four, laughing and teasing at the same time. Wonpil and Dowoon were cringing on the side while Sungjin was smiling.

The fans were cheering and teasing, but they might be also confused internally.

They finished the concert with lots of energy to spare. Upon reaching backstage, Young Hyun immediately called Krizza.

"Hello?" She greeted.

"Hey. Jja-- I mean, Krizza." He stuttered like a teenager. "Where are you? You haven't left yet, right?"

"Well, I'm on my way out of the arena."

"Will you wait for me at the VIP entrance? The guys wanted to see you."

"Sure." There was hesitation in her voice.

He waited for her there. When he saw her approaching, his heart started thumping fast again. It was always that way with her. It never changed.

She waved at him when she saw him and smiled widely. Oh, how he loved that woman.

"How was it? Did you enjoy it?" He immediately asked. His hands were in his jeans' pockets.

"It's really fun. Your fans are really bursting with energy." Her eyes were sparkling with excitement.

"You are also our fan." He stated as-matter-of-fact.

Her eyes widen in disbelief. "Am I?"

He laughed at her and guided her to their waiting room where the guys were waiting excitedly. When they saw Krizza, they became loud again.

"Jjang-noona!" Dowoon exclaimed which got her confused.

"Oh?" Sungjin's eyes became rounder.

Wonpil waved at her with two hands while Jae offered his hand for a fistbump. Krizza was confused, but she still bumped fists with Jae. The guy was glad.

They began talking to her at once. She seemed lost, but she was laughing and nodding at them. It brought warmth to Young Hyun's heart.

But when his worry came to mind, his happiness faded slightly.

They would be returning to Seoul the next day. How could he help Krizza with her lost memories? Would she agree to come with them to Seoul?

He stared at her with sad eyes. What should he do?