Chapter 22 - Freely

I would never get drunk again! Never!

Jae and Jimin told me what happened. Jae called to ask if I was already fine and I asked him how I ended up meeting Young Hyun that night.

"I called him, so the two of you can talk." I imagined him grinning. "But you were already so drunk that you've already fallen asleep. You're cute when you're drunk, by the way."

I glared at my phone hoping it would channel my annoyance to the other line.

"Then I just left you to him."

It was all the information I could get from him, so I then asked Jimin.

"Young Hyun-oppa brought you here and asked me to take care of you. You know, you kept on saying, 'I don't like you. I love you. It's more than like. But I'm scared. I'm damn scared. What if it won't work? Blah. Blah. Blah.' I forget which came next, but essentially, it's like that."

Imagine my embarrassment! I just suddenly wanted to book a flight back to Manila and never come back. Oh, my God! How would I face Young Hyun?

It was my dilemma, especially since we had a shoot that day. And a whole day at that. Should I act as if I didn't know anything?

I came to the set early which surprised the production staff. They hadn't even started setting up. So they had to work fast although I told them it was okay. I just really needed to compose myself and arrange my wits.

Despite the lingering headache due to hangover, I still made a rundown of what would happen to the day's shoot. I talked with my assistant director and almost every member of the staff and tried to listen to their opinions and suggestions. It was what I usually do on set. When I had the time, I ask and chat with the staff. It was how I build rapport and strengthen work relationship.

Though actually, I was only killing time and trying to bury my anxiety by chatting around. I was really anxious and nervous to see Young Hyun after what I did!

When DAY6 arrived, I was helping the production design team set up the stage. The scene would be a band performance, so of course, we need a stage. I didn't actually hear them arrive, so I was surprised when someone caught me when I almost tripped backwards from the cable wires.

"Careful."

When I turned around, I learned that it was Young Hyun. I stopped myself from scurrying off.

"Thank you." Okay. That was the most awkward 'thank you' I ever said.

"PD-nim!"

The rest of the band members followed on stage and greeted me.

"Oh, hello." Was my return greeting. I was really out of it.

"Are you feeling well?" Jae asked, which sounded rather teasingly.

I shrugged nonchalantly. "I am."

"Sure?" Now, it was Sungjin.

I rolled my eyes at them. "Get ready. We'll start soon." I just really wanted to hide.

I was about to leave them there when Young Hyun got on my way. He offered me the cup of hot coffee he was holding.

"Coffee?"

I stared at him and saw he was smiling. It was as if I never turned his confession down. How on earth could he look so fresh and handsome while I was looking haggard and obviously with a hangover?