14. 🔪

Amelia- Rose ~

I heard the bell ding as the door was being opened but I didn't pay too much mind to it as I continued to draw out this flower tattoo for one of my customers that stopped by earlier. Colouring the petals in many shades of red, I just wish that this could be my tattoo, I really do envy my customer at the design I did for her.

I felt a presence in front of me, blocking the minimal sunlight I was getting and by my surprise, it was George.

"You know I'm working today....." I felt my whole body heat up as I smiled idiotically in front of him

"I know....." he bit his lip, trying to refrain from smiling "am I not allowed to book an appointment?"

"Oh yeah you can, my girl Jo can hook you up right now" I said to him as I watched his smile then into a frown "ohhhh you wanted me to give you an appointment......." I realised as he shook his head

"Sorry George, I'm all booked today"

"You can't squeeze me in your schedule...." he pleaded

I could but I'm not trying to rush shit up, I'm all about perfection when it comes to tattooing people.

"If you tell me the design of tattoo that you want, you can swing by tomorrow and I got you then" I smiled

"Hmm....alright. When's your lunch break?" He asked me

"Well it's in the next hour?....you planning on taking me somewhere for lunch?...."

"It's on me" he offered

"That's nice of you....but I can pay for my own food...." I told him

"No, I got it"

"George- I'll pay, it's alright. You don't have to be stretching out your cash for me"

"Are you sure....."

"Yes George!" I rose my voice louder than before as I laughed it off afterwards "now tell me what design you want for your tattoo before I change my mind....."

*******

"So where are you taking me on this fine afternoon...." I got into the car, putting my seatbelt on

"Well I stopped by at this cafe weeks before and I'm telling you, when you get there you're going to love it!" He was certain as he drove off

"Oh really?.......what kinds of food do they do there?" I asked, tapping my fingers to the beat of the slow music playing

"You know......they do a breakfast, brunch and dinner-"

"Don't all cafes do that though?" I asked

"Wait- I wasn't done yet. They do sandwiches but they are not any ordinary type of sandwiches- they do avocado with prawn sandwiches and the mayo in there is just right.....their bacon sandwiches have the crisp to them and- what?" He stopped himself. I couldn't help but laugh at him.

"Nothing....go ahead...." in laughed in between

"What's so funny Amelia?" He laughed

"George call me Lia- everyone calls me Lia...."

"But I'm not everyone" he responded

My mouth nearly went wide in shock. I turned around in my seat, looking at him as I couldn't believe what God has really provided for me. All these years I was hollering and preaching saying that I don't need a man and it was today that I realised I needed one and I was fine by that. It's been like- what?.....five weeks and it feels like I've known him forever. I just love the way how he comes of as a gentleman, he says whatever is on his mind and he doesn't follow anyone, he does what he wants to do. I never knew that I needed this for a long time.

"Is there something in my hair or something....." he asked sarcastically. He knew I was staring at him admiringly

"Nope!.....I just like staring at you, that's all...."

Oh God! I sounded like a motherfucking creep!

*******

We made our destination to the cafe that George continued to happily ramble about in the car and honestly I couldn't even wait to get to this cafe as well....or maybe because I was just hungry as hell.

George tugged at my hand as we intertwined our fingers with each other as we strolled into the cafe. We found a table more off into the corner and I'm thankful that we did because sitting area contained more air conditioner within the whole cafe than the other sections.

Picking up the menu, I'm just thinking of not trying to be greedy each time we go on dates. We haven't been on a lot though due to our schedules but the very first date, he didn't shy away from the amount of food he got so why should I- and he also seems comfortable with me vice versa. I still don't get how he eats a big load but still has that six pack in tack.

So I was going to write more but I couldn't think of anything and if I did, it wouldn't bloody make sense. But I hope you all enjoy this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment😊