20. 🔪

Amelia- Rose ~

I heard a knock on my door quickly scrunching the paper and attempting to hide it somewhere else, but saw Jo and didn't bother a damn.

"Did you read it?" Jo asked closing the door behind her as her eyes darted from mine to the paper

"Did you read it?" I asked, having a small feeling that she skimmed the note

"Well......"

"Yeah Alex asked me out on a date this Saturday..." jo was eyeing me up and down mysteriously

"You know his name?"

"Well he did leave his name on the note and I have come across him many of times, not just doing his tattoo for him" I shrugged my shoulders

"You gonna go on that date?"

"Absolutely not!" I said confidently, throwing the note in the bin "I told him when we had our little run in together that I have a boyfriend and he's just a little too weird for me"

Good looking man, but just weird.

"Ohhh Chileeeee Thank god for that....." Jo sighed in relief

"What..." I shook my head not knowing her exact mood at the moment

"Not going to lie, the first time he came, I really thought he was a catch, then he was giving of a weird vibes, plus the photo he drew- it resembled too much of you, how could you not see that?"

"There are several different light skin girls with freckles and dark brown eyes and curly hair- plus if you had not seen the drawing, the girl's hair was long and there wasn't a tattoo in sight"
I shrugged of her assumptions

"Okayyyyy, whatever you say Amelia-Rose......" she called me out by my government first name

***

A week had gone- I tried my best to avoid Alex as much as possible. It's just scary how I've been in the same place as him, but he's never saw me as I've only saw him. He seems like a nice boy and whatever, but I don't want to lead him on, especially when he said we can actually be friends if I decline, because if that was his first mission just to be friends with me, it'll be fine but that wasn't the case.

There was a close small supermarket that I lived by and I wasn't bothered in driving the car, I mean look how nice the sunset looks.

To my surprise, I heard a car honk and I swiftly turned around, beholding the dark blue Toyota that had Alex slowing down in the car with it.

"SO YOU'RE JUST GOING TO IGNORE ME LIKE THAT!" He shouted from his car window. I turned around, forcing a genuine smile towards him

"You know I've got stuff to do......" I made up as I continued to walk but his car was still following me

"Where you heading?" He asked me

Fuck that, we ain't ever going to be friends- biggest mistake in my life was when I told him my name.

"Home" I bluntly said

"Let me take you home" he boldly suggested as I stopped instantly "it's the least I can do since you didn't get back to me, I was waiting for a reply and you never answered so we never got to have dinner....just a friendly gesture"

"Just a friendly gesture?" I cocked my brow, not liking where this idea was going

Again, it wasn't like I could trust him, I feel like he's a very good guy but he just gives me weird vibes whenever I see him. It's things like when he comes in contact with me, he usually stares at me and I become so bugged out by it I'm like "dude, is there a problem?". But at the same time though, I haven't allowed myself to get to know him- only because I didn't want to lead him on. No man that wants to date you will settle down for "just friends", they will persuade you very much to become more than that- but Alex could be different.

"Just a friendly gesture...." he smiled

"Okay...what the heck...." I shrugged my shoulders and walked over to the passenger side of the car. It wasn't only until he rushed out of his drivers seat, just to unlock the door for me "you didn't have to do that" I smiled

"Yes I had to, I was taught to treat a woman with respect, no matter what the circumstances where" he said as if him being a gentleman wasn't anything

I entered into his car and not going to lie it smelled really nice. It had the aroma of lavender like as in a lavender spray that you use so the atmosphere can smell fresh. His car was nice and cool- you know in L.A. how it's really hot and sticky outside, Alex's car was like a freezer on wheels- I felt at eased.

I plugged him my address into his built in sat-nav as low music was playing in the background as he drove me to my destination.

Looking out the window as I tapped my fingers to the low beat, Alex's words came playing in my mind again when he mentioned the date he had asked me out on. Oh man, I fell so fucking guilty sitting in his car, driving me home when all I could ever do to him was throw his note away and spend the whole week avoiding him. But at the same time though, it wasn't like I knew him personally like that so I shouldn't have to feel guilty- but I do.

"About the note......" I trailed on

"It's fine"

"No it's not- wait what?" I turned my head to him in confusion

"No honestly, I should've known better not to ask you since you claimed before you had a boyfriend- I should have never interfered"

Ohh this boyfriend narrative got to stop.

"Even if you said you just wanted to be friends with me Alex, I knew that wouldn't even work because that wasn't your first priority with me. I didn't want to lead you on so I never responded because I didn't know how to" Now I lied there, I didn't want to respond to him because I just didn't want to

I could see the look in his eyes that he wanted to fight with me about the issue but didn't bother as he continued on the ride.

Five minutes, we already arrived outside my house and I thanked him before I left the car and strolled into my home, thankful that I could go and rest.