28. 🔪

Alexander ~

"You said you wanted to see my artwork....here's your chance" I plopped my work carefully on the wooden flooring in my living room

Rose had stayed over and I thought why not take this opportunity to show my work before I never get another chance to show her......yeah what the fuck am I talking about, Rose is mine forever- of course they'll be next times for her to see.

Rose was sat next to me on the floor as she awaited for me to unveil my work to her. I had to have them stored in pristine condition as these would be auctioned of in a couple of days.

Audible gasps left Rose's lips and I couldn't be anymore confident with my work as I let out a silly smirk and didn't care if she had saw it.

"What? You shocked that I could draw better than you could..." I turned my head to release my childish smirk at her

"I didn't even give you a compliment and you're acting all cocky and shit" Rose playfully rolled her eyes

"In your head you are though..."

"Whatever...." I winked my eye at her

Uncovering my first masterpiece, was a close up portrait drawing of a women's face painted using vibrant colours. Sadly it wasn't Rose's face....I couldn't show her my paintings of her beautiful face as yet, she'll think I'm a weirdo.

"You know, I never really established using acrylic paint when it comes to portraiture" Rose randomly said as I spun my head around

"Wait, how did you know I used Acrylic?"

"I've spent my whole life dedicated to the art...."

"Oh yeah......right...." I rubbed the back of my neck due to nerves "well I er....I can teach you....well that's up to you....if you want...."

"You're going all shy on me again...." she noticed

"You make me nervous Rose!" I stated in defence as she couldn't help but laugh

"You can teach me any time, well at least not on my work days and when it comes to girls night, but on the weekends I should be good" she spoke

"Okay..." was all I managed to choke out

"Soooooo...how long did this painting take you?" She asked, running her fingers against the portrait

"I dedicated a whole day and a half to finish this portrait. No distractions whatsoever" I said

Those days lost me days to visit Rose, but that was okay, I rather have her beside me now than never.

"Well it was worth it because this is really beautiful..." she complimented, still lost into my artwork "can I see the other portrait?"

"Okay...." I told her as I swapped the first portrait for the second one in front of us "....There's no difference between the portraits, just different people..."

Rose was silent as she studied the portraits carefully. I didn't bother her and let her enjoy the masterpiece before she spoke to me. Although a part of me felt uneasy at her steady ease at my work, as if she was an art inspector, but art was something she was passionate about, just like I was.