Chapter Six

"Lydia, come on you're going to be late!  It's almost finals, you know you can't miss so close to the exams

"Lydia, come on you're going to be late!  It's almost finals, you know you can't miss so close to the exams."

"Ugh."

"I heard that."

I threw my pillow at my incessant brother trying to wake me up from my peaceful wallowing slumber and balked when I checked the time on my phone.  I was totally going to be late.

I balked once more when I turned to my 'closet' and only found a torn and soiled wedding dress still lying on the ground before me and my dirty workout clothes on the ground right along with it.

All I had to wear was the silk pajama shorts and lounge shirt I was currently wearing and the street clothes I'd brought with me in my overnight bag from my old apartment.

I knew I needed to bite the bullet and go to Nate's to get the rest of my stuff, but the cut was still so deep and new, the raw blistering of what he'd done to me still festering in that hollow space underneath my ribcage.

Nevertheless, I was still late and didn't have time to gather my things from the old apartment and my street clothes were still dirty from the day before and also in a pile-

Wait.  No, they were nowhere to be found in my room.

I didn't pay any regard to my current state of clothing as I stormed into the kitchen to find all three guys where they always were- sitting at the breakfast bar eating and messing around.

"Have you seen my clothes?"

Emmett's eyes raked up and down my body causing a flush to run through me and I raised an eyebrow at him in a questioning fashion, but it was only when Lucas cleared his throat then hit him on the arm that he finally tore his eyes away from mine.

"They're sitting on top of the dryer, folded."

That came from Reed.

"Thank God.  You are a lifesaver," I announced to him, crossing the threshold of the kitchen to give him the biggest hug I could muster.

"Damn, what's a guy gotta do around here to get one of those?"

Reed laughed while Lucas hit Emmett once again, but I didn't have time to dilly dally.  This was my first day back since what happened with Nate and Layla and I didn't-

Layla.

How had I let that one major detail slip my mind?

We had socioeconomics together...how was I supposed to face her after what she'd done to me?

She hadn't called or texted to even attempt an apology, and she was over at my- Nate's apartment the day after they were caught so it wasn't like they were trying to be discreet about their betrayal.