Chapter Eleven (Part 2)

I felt guilty

I felt guilty.

I didn't need to feel that way, but it was still what I felt, regardless of if I was in the wrong or not.

"Hey, listen, I'm sorry about what I said to the paparazzi, I know we haven't defined what we're doing together and you probably wanted to keep this casual, I was just-"

"No, what you said was perfect, actually. I've been meaning to ask you what your expectations were with this anyways."

"You were?"

"Yeah. I mean, I just got out of a really high profile relationship and everyone was wondering who'd be the first one to move on, and you saved me from having to be the one who 'lost'."

I looked at her in an entirely different light then. She wasn't even hiding the fact that she was using me, and I found it oddly refreshing.

"So you're using me to make your ex jealous and to look like the person who 'won' the breakup right?"

I didn't ask her the question in an accusatory manner, just for clarity so she wouldn't be upset.

"No. And you're clearly using me to get over your ex. Lydia, is it?"

I stiffened at the sound of her name being dropped so casually like it was.

"How do you know about her?"

"You called out her name once when we were in the middle of...you know. After that, I googled your name and her first name and then the pieces started coming together. It's okay, you know. We live our lives in the spotlight, this doesn't have to be a real relationship. I've had the love and romance, right now I'm just looking for sex."

My lip twitched up.

"Well in that case, you read my mind."

Glad that we'd both reached the same consensus, we commenced in the business part of our 'relationship' and fell into bed, the information that I'd cried out Lydia's name as I was in bed with another girl weighing heavily on my mind.

If I'd been really trying to move on and done that I would've lost my shot in an instant.

I wondered if I would be 'getting over' Lydia for the rest of my life, the mark left on my soul from her stronger and deeper than I'd ever anticipated.

I wanted her in my arms.

I wanted her writhing underneath me, screaming for pleasure.

I wanted her running her hands up and down my back, making my muscles tremble underneath her hands.

I wanted her eyes piercing into my own as I watched her reach her peak.

I wanted her to share her pain with me, to unburden herself and let me take them on for her.

I wanted her to need me, as much as I needed her.