Chapter Twenty (Part 2)

*WARNING* Sexual Content:

"What was all that about?"

I just threw him a smile as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, having to go up on the tips of my toes in order to do so and connected my lips with his, the sensations still toe curling and shiver inducing.

He pulled back from me and as he did so, I completely forgot about Sofia's impromptu visit and everything other than the fact that I was there with Emmett and everything was perfect and completely right.

And then my phone rang.

I groaned but still put the device to my ear and wasn't surprised to find that it was my doctor calling to check up on my condition and I gave him the watered down version that wasn't so detailed.

"So how many episodes have you had since being out of the hospital?"

"Three."

"And what was happening during each of these occasions?

"Well, one I was just getting up from sitting down for a while so I figured vertigo played some part in that, and the other two were when I was just waking up and getting up to start the day."

"Hmm. Alright, your checkup is on Monday but as far as I can tell from the readings on your monitor your heart is functioning great and I don't see why you can't return to semi normal activities, like attending school and leaving the house. I wouldn't push it on any extreme workouts and you'll still need to wear your monitor just in case you have episode but I'm confident that we'll be able to get you on a good medication that will keep your heart working normally."

"Wow, great thank you. See you Monday, then."

"What was that about?"

"Well, let's just say that I have been cleared for regular activities again."

Emmett's eyebrows shot up into his hairline as a ghost of a smile flitted onto his face.

"So does that mean..." he trailed off as his hands came to rest on my hips in front of me.

"Oh, I think that means..." I trailed off playfully with him and snaked my hands around his neck. There was an unspoken intensity between us that crackled and sizzled with so much electricity that it almost hurt to not be touching him.

It was like a combination of seconds and hours until his lips finally reached mine. We had kissed plenty of times in the week, but this was something completely different. This was a promise of something more to come, and the build up of what was to come was totally and completely overwhelming and yet so perfectly raw and brazen.

His movements were languid, his touch feather soft upon my skin. We moved together as if we were one entity, combined in a swirling mass of lust, angst, and raging emotions that when mixed altogether created something completely beautiful and foreign, almost as if the first time we had been together had been two totally different people instead of the individuals merging into one whole being.