Chapter Eleven

It was like she was trying to give me a damn heart attack

It was like she was trying to give me a damn heart attack. Dressed in a white lace almost see through lingerie looking tank top with a black jacket over it and the tightest pair of jeans I'd ever seen on any girl, I could feel my eyes popping out of my head as she walked out of her room in her high heels with her new friend in tow.

Dark hair curled to perfection and held hostage in a tight upper ponytail with only a few strands breaking free, all I wanted to do was run my hands through that hair and free it from the rubber band securing it in place.

Reed had to wave his hand in front of my face to force my attention away from the gorgeous woman in front of me. I'd almost wished I hadn't turned her off of me completely with how disgusting I'd acted towards her but when I remembered the reason for doing it I quickly resigned myself to only allowing myself to be around her when I was flirting to 'get my room back' and that would be it.

I couldn't let myself fall for her...no matter how deep my feelings already ran for her.

"Dude, you can't stop staring at her can you?"

I glared at Reed which only caused him to laugh at my disparity.

I pretended to be fixated on fixing the clasp on my watch when her eyes met mine but it was obvious I'd ben staring at her, how could I not?

"Yeah, I'd probably stare at her too if I was straight."

"Then maybe I need to get a guy for you to agonize over so you can feel my pain."

Reed gave me an excruciated look.

"What, you already have one?"

He pulled a hand up to his neck and I could tell he didn't want to talk about it.

"That's fine, I don't have to know but you can talk to me about it if you want."

"Thanks man."

We walked up to the awaiting girls and Lucas finally joined us.

"So, Uber or DD?"

"I can be DD tonight, I'm trying to take Lydia to as many places as possible and I don't want to have to spend a ton of money on rides. We can take my car, I have a ton of room."

"Wait, Amalia, then who is gonna get drunk with me then?"

I let a smirk climb its way onto my face.

"Don't worry, I'll match you shot for shot."

She groaned as a pained expression found its way onto her perfectly sculpted face made even more prominently beautiful by the makeup I'd assumed her friend had made her wear. She didn't need it, though.

"Shotgun!" Lucas ran to the car to get the front seat.

"Don't worry, if there's not enough room we can sit laps," I whispered in Lydia's ear. I expected her to slap me in annoyance because I was totally joking with her, but the shiver that ran through her body at my words and closeness to her took me aback.