19.

He brought it up two weeks ago. He wanted me to meet his uncle and sister since they lived here in New York.

I was nervous; excited but mostly nervous.

"How are you so sure?"

"Because you are amazing and because they are my family and will soon see how amazing you are as well. And more importantly because I love you, they will too." He finished and that familiar feeling of giddiness erupted in my chest.

Three weeks ago, he finally convinced me to ride with him atop his death trap of a motorcycle and It had actually been invigorating. In that single moment with my arms around his waist and the wind blowing my hair about, I felt so alive.

Maybe it was as he told me he loved me later that night, or as we rode down the roads on the back of his motorcycle earlier that I realised, I loved him as well. All I knew was, without a doubt, my heart was full of him. My mouth never did form a reply that night but he was okay with it.

"Okay." I slowly smiled.

"That's my girl." He hugged me again. "Let me go change my shirt."

"Will," I called before he could enter his room.

"Yeah babe?"

"I love you." So much, I wanted to add.

He grinned and slowly made his way over to me. He held my face between his hands, tilting my head up a bit, "and I love you too." Then he kissed me.

Dinner with his family was great. He must have definitely inherited some of his funny genes from his uncle Mike while his little sister Erin, didn't run out of albums filled with old embarrassing pictures of him to show me.

That moment was everything.

***

"How is Erin? She must be all grown up now." I asked with a small smile on my lips. His uncle left about thirty minutes ago and once again it was just us.

"She studies abroad now and is an even bigger pain in the ass." He grumbled and I chuckled. Our eyes met and the elephant we'd been skittering around since meeting again in that boardroom weeks back, suddenly became much bigger. I broke the contact first.

"Any emails?" He asked.

"Just spam emails, mostly hack claims."

"The hackers," he scoffed. "Thank you, that will be all."

I nodded and left his office. Entering the little office, I sat behind the desk and desperately tried not to dwell on the past. The rest of my day was relatively mundane.

***

My second week at Illston tech was when things got rather interesting. Lilian's teachings finally started proving useful. It was Tuesday afternoon and I was in the little office when it all began.
The genesis of the series of rather unfortunate events was a woman who arrived with a scarf tied round her face and dark sunglasses.

"Is Mr Illston in?" She asked in a low tone. Due to her shades, her eyes weren't visible but her body language showed she was tense.

"Yes, he is. Do you have an appointment?" I asked and she quickly shook her head then bent to my level.