31.

"William's lawyer says we can counter file for the divorce, get a restraining order and open a domestic violence case against him. He seems very optimistic I'll win. He also asked how much I want for damages from him but I don't want his money. I don't want anything from him. I just don't want to ever cross paths with him again."

"I wouldn't want anything from him either and after everything's over, you definitely won't be crossing paths with him again. He'll be too busy rotting away in a prison cell."

"I really hope so." She released a breath.

"I'm sure of it."

"I have to go back in now, I'll see you later." I heard movement and assumed it was her standing from wherever she was sitting.

"Call me before you leave."

"I will, bye P."

"Bye," I said and the line went dead. I dropped my phone on the marble top of the restroom sink. I'd fussed all over Cecile this morning as she entered the cab that'd take her to Manhattan where William's lawyer's office was. The thought of her crazy soon to be ex husband wasn't distant on my mind at all. The fucker had to be arrested and put away immediately.

Recalling more of yesterday, William was another thought that popped up. He'd been absent at work all morning and afternoon. I should call him. I pondered on the idea for a few seconds more and picked my phone up again. I dialed his number and it finally connected after nearly five rings.

"My sister said everything's going okay with your lawyer."

There was shuffling of feet and what sounded like papers before his deep voice came through.

"Well hello to you too." He said and I saw how my complexion instantly turned flush through the mirror.

"I meant to say that." I said lamely then shook my head. Why was I acting like a fifteen year old again?

"Did you?" I imagined he was smiling now.

"Yes," I cleared my throat.

"Ambrose is top of his game and can handle almost anything. We could have called the cops yesterday but Richmond would have probably found a way around it and gotten released. A case needs to be built against him, one he won't be able to get out of so easily. You know, I never liked the prick."

"Didn't think you remembered much of him."

"There's a lot I remember."

I leaned against the counter, "like?"

"Like stealing Egyptian towels from their Malibu mansion." He said and I almost immediately smiled.

"The scented soaps too," I added with a laugh.

"Then there's the lake."

My laughter slowly stilled.

"The lake," I repeated and just as the images started to form in my head, he voiced them out.

"Skinny dipping in the lake."

We were unlocking memories we had no business opening. A pandora's box. More images from that summer years ago flashed through my mind and my body responded. I crossed my legs.