24.

"You want to leave Lilian and I, alone, together, for a whole week?" I gaped at him incredulously. He must have hit his head somewhere earlier this morning. That was the only sane explanation.

"It might not be the whole week," he shrugged indifferently.

"We won't last an hour together."

"If I remember correctly, I pulled you off her. So even if push comes to shove, I'm confident you will be able to hold your ground." Amusement gleamed in his eyes.

"You see we can't work together, not without some kind of buffer."

"What you both need is to sort out your differences and peacefully coexist."

"William! You can't do this," I groaned.

"I can, I will and infact, I have." He grinned before opening the door and stepping out. Sighing, I reluctantly followed him out.

"Lilian I will be at D&L for the rest or most of the week with Heather. You and Ophelia can handle everything over here. If there's anything, just call or tell Mark."

"Alright sir," she nodded. If she was disturbed by the news of having to spend an entire week alone with me (which I'm sure she was), she didn't show it.

"Goodbye ladies. Have fun." I heard him chuckle as he walked away. Staring on gloomily, I resisted the urge to run after him and beg to be taken anywhere else but here.

"So," I pivoted once he was fully out of sight.

"Do not even bother." Lilian said, her face stern as always, then stood and walked into the little office.

"Glad we could sort things out." I said dryly. I sat behind the open desk and started looking through the schedule for the day. Quarter way through, the intercom on the desk buzzed and it was Lilian baring a few other things to add to the schedule.

"Okay," I dropped the receiver and that was all for the next few hours.

"Hey."

I smiled at Mark who suavely approached my desk, "hey, how are you?"

"Good good, you? Didn't see you again Saturday night."

"Oh, I left early." I glossed over his words.

"Hm, Will did too, he was there you know."

"Oh, I know." I said wryly, instantly remembering fragments of Saturday night and Sunday morning.

"Oh," Mark's 'oh' was very suggestive and seeing the sly look in his eyes, I hastily retracted.

"I don't mean, not like that,"

"No worries Ophelia, your secret is safe with me." He winked conspiratorially and heat spread over my cheeks causing me to sigh as there was really no secret. Although William and I did cross some certain employer-employee lines, we didn't actually—

"No need to stress." Mark said again smiling playfully and I realized he probably just quite successfully baited me.

"There really isn't a need to stress,"