43.

"I'm going to miss you girls so much, get in here." mom wrapped her arms around Cece and I. It was late Saturday morning and we were at the airport saying our goodbyes.

"We'll miss you too mom." Cece said as we separated.

"I already miss you." I hugged her tightly again.

"Oh, honey, take care of your yourself, okay?"

I nodded into her hair and took in the familiar scent of cinnamon and vanilla before breaking away.

"That's my flight girls."

We went through another round of hugs and goodbyes before she finally left. We waited until we couldn't catch sight of her or the purple polka dot blouse she had on, anymore.

"The apartment is going to feel all weird and empty when we get back." Cece spoke first.

"I hate that feeling."

"It'll eventually pass." She rubbed my arm. Her phone made a ding sound and she unlocked it. "It's Ambrose. Our meeting's starting in a bit. I should get going."

The trial was coming up real soon and I was more than excited to see Richmond get everything and more of what he derserved.

"I think I'll get something from the vending machine before I leave, goodluck today."

Cece and I parted ways with her going towards the exit while I gravitated towards the closest vending machine. I was already in front of the vending machine about to make a snack choice when someone called my name. I turned towards the source.

"Ophelia!" Erin, sunny as ever, grinned and hugged me.

"Hey." I smiled and tried to regain my balance once she let me go. I saw the suitcase behind her and immediately asked, "you aren't leaving for London yet, are you?"

"No, no," she gesticulated with her hands, "I'm going to cali, spending the week with my middle school bestie."

"That's cute. I don't even remember if I had a middle school bestie." I chuckled.

"Zoe's-oh look, Will's coming." she pointed and my eyes followed. He was indeed heading our way and with a small carry on bag. A few more steps and he was next to us. He regarded me with surprise.

"Hey."

"Hey." He smiled.

"Look who I found." Erin grinned as she collected the carry on bag from her brother. She turned to me after. "Are you here to drop someone off?"

"Hm, just did, my mom."

"That's right! I saw your mom and sister last week, I think, at the mall. Impossible to miss that gorgeous shade of blonde anywhere."

Getting a snack was completely forgotten as Erin cajoled me towards her check in point with her and William. Our conversation didn't lapse until her flight was called. She went in, making it my second goodbye of the day.

"Are you about to cry?" William stared at me carefully.

"No, there's a bit of draught."

He looked around and laughed.

"Have you called the FBI guy?"

"Something came up."

"What?"

"I don't think we should discuss it here."

"Okay, your place then." I said without preamble.

We got to his car and five minutes out on the road, my eyes started drooping. Five minutes more and I was fully asleep until a light tap on my shoulder jolted me up. The first thing I registered was William's face and he was grinning.