22.

"I'm not following you." I crossed my arms over my chest defiantly.

"You are already outside, we may as well leave." William rolled his eyes.

"You leave, you go." I turned away.

"I'll throw you over my shoulder if I have to Ophelia." He warned.

"You wouldn't." I stared at him warily.

"Oh yes, I would."

I yelped as he came closer then quickly put my hands up, "okay, okay, I'll follow you!"

"Good girl." He smiled and stepped back.

"You're a brute," I harrumphed but he didn't respond till we reached his car.

"Get in," he pointed. I put in extra effort to eye him distastefully before entering the passenger side. He leaned down and his face came close to mine as he worked the seatbelt. "Stay put."

"I'm not a dog." I frowned.

"No, more like a mountain lion or coyote." He chuckled before shutting the door and walking to the other side to get into the driver's seat.

"I don't like you," I complained as the car started moving.

"You said it before."

"You're so mean."

"I know."

"Very mean."

"I know that too."

"But I was still worried," I deflated.

"About?" He briefly glanced at me.

"You. I was worried and came to look for you but then, you said it was all my fault. It made me feel guilty," my lips turned down, "and angry too, so I said all those things I didn't really mean."

"You–"

"I shouldn't have laughed either," I sighed loudly and leaned my head against the window, "the stalker, I shouldn't have laughed."

"It's okay." He glanced at me again.

"It isn't," my head moved side to side against the glass, "but because it's you I shouldn't feel guilty either, right?"

"No, you shouldn't."

"There goes noble William again, you're so annoying." I mumbled but he only smiled. Still feeling nonplussed, I reached for the radio and turned it on.

"Oh oh, I know this song!" I clapped happily then sloppily followed the lyrics, "what you sippin' on that got you talkin' crazy? Lookin' at me sideways, always comin' at me, why you, why you, actin' hard, when you're just a baby..."

William sighed.

"Sing!" I poked his arm.

"No,"

"No," I mimicked his gruff voice, "have you lost your mind?" I sang in time with the song and William now spared me another side glance. I ignored him and continued to quite loudly, follow the rest of the lyrics.