7.

My fingers methodically rubbed the sides of my neck and I sunk back into the leather couch before releasing a sigh. Standing up, I carried the laptop over to William.

"I'm done and copies of all the letters are in this folder," I bent a little and pointed to the folder on the top left corner of the screen.

"Okay, we can leave now." He stood up and buttoned his suit jacket.

"Lilian, prepare a meeting with the board of directors for 9 am tomorrow and let Mark know about it." William instructed as we walked past Lilian's desk on our way out.

"Alright sir."

The car was already waiting out front when we reached outside. Jay and I exchanged the usual smile and greetings as the car started moving.

"Jay we'll stop at House Lounge." William said from the back and a few minutes later the car parked in front of a restaurant. William and I came out, leaving Jay in the car.

"When we get back to D&L, I want you to organize the data of all employees alphabetically and the salaries for each department," William said as we entered the restaurant.

Here is my chance, I thought. I should ask for an advanced pay now. My mind had been a mess since yesterday. Saturday was only a few days away. Suck up your pride.

"I actually–"

"You?" He stared at me in question as we walked to an empty table.

"Nothing," I shook my head.

"Wh–"

"Good afternoon, welcome to House Lounge. What would you like to order?" A waitress interrupted.

"Anything is fine," I said and he ordered.

"What did you want to say before?" He slightly leaned forward on his elbows and stared at me expectantly.

"It was nothing. Just forget it."

"Okay," he shrugged and leaned back. We spent the next few minutes in another bout of silence until the waitress returned.

"Here are your orders." She placed three light brown paper bags on the table. While William paid, I stood up balancing all the bags in my hands.

"Ophelia Duhamels, is that you?"

I turned and nearly the dropped the sandwiches seeing the tan skinned woman who gingerly walked towards me.

"Debbie Maguire." I smiled nervously. Her red hair was shorter than I remembered and her build a little leaner but that voice hadn't changed. A soft lilt with the slightest--not so slightest--undertone of cynicism. Her green eyes perused me and she finally smlied. Her signature sultry smile.

"Soon to be Debbie Washington," she gleamed and raised her hand high showcasing the big ring.

"Wow, congratulations." I smiled but her attention was quickly drawn away.

"William Illston? I thought you two broke up years ago," she drew her last words, "I don't know if I'm awed, jealous or terrified especially since I've seen you mister on a number of magazines, billionaire hotshot." Debbie turned to wink at me, "I guess you've just been keeping her hidden how cute. Nonetheless you two must come for my wedding."