27.

"Don't come down." I hissed.

He came down anyway, walked round the car and stopped right in front of me.

"Why shouldn't I?"

It was a little windy and his hand moved, tucking away hair from my face.

"Don't do that." I hissed again and he smiled.

"Why not?"

"Move and don't follow me."

"All these don'ts," he tsked. "Demi is my friend too."

"Is or was?" I crossed my arms.

"Exactly why I should see her now, it has been a while." He placed his hands in his pockets and shrugged.

I ended up choosing the apartment on the sixteenth floor—the view did it for me. After going over some rent/lease details with William, we were back in the lobby and on our way out. Knowing I'd only be laying in bed or on my couch for the rest of day, I decided to text Demi and finally make due on our plans to meet up. Less than five minutes later, she'd sent her address and William had offered to drop me off since it was on his way. But now he actually wanted to see her too. He must have lost his sense of reasoning somewhere along the drive from the Illston tech apartments to Demi's modern house.

Before I could say anything else, he'd already reached the front of Demi's house and was pressing the door bell. Left without much of a choice, I caught up with him just in time for the front door to open. Demi looked surprised seeing us both. I'd be too.

"Liam?"

"It has been a while, hasn't it?" He smiled.

"Talking about a while, it's been years! Come here." She laughed pulling him in for a hug. As they separated, her eyes found mine, full of questions. Questions that could have been avoided had the infuriating man next to me, just listened and drove off.

"I know and I can't even say how sorry I am," he smiled sheepishly, "how have you been?"

"Well, pregnant," she laughed again and gently patted her belly.

"You look great."

"More like a yoga ball," she snorted, "are you both coming in?" Her eyes twinkled, landing on me again. I immediately shook my head.

"I actually have a few other places to be right now but I was dropping her off and couldn't miss the opportunity to try and redeem myself somehow." The asshole slipped his arm over my shoulder, pulling me to his side as the words 'dropping her off' left his mouth. I elbowed him but he didn't budge. Dropping her off...it now sounded so...homey. I elbowed him again and this time, he did release me.

"Alright," her smile widened, "but soon we all have to meet up, get the gang back together."

"Definitely." He smiled and nodded then exchanged goodbyes with her before walking back to his car. I caught his wink at me right before he entered. I glared at car until it disappeared round a bend down the street.

My gaze returned to Demi who was already staring at me expectantly. With whatever stunt William just pulled, the truth now seemed unbelievable and farfetched even to me.