47.

"You're doing it again P."

"What?" I played innocent and Cece sighed.

"Glancing at the clock. You look like that rabbit from Alice In Wonderland."

"Gee, thanks." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm just saying," she lifted her hands in mock surrender, "If you're so worried, call him then."

It was past noon, the next day and I was on the edge of my seat wondering why Will hadn't called or texted yet. I cringed at the desperation emitting off me. Only it wasn't entirely desperation, there was worry in the mix. I woke up feeling antsy but alloted it to Runo's pending arrest. Anyone would feel excited. On the other hand, though, Will had to know I wouldn't sleep past noon or even eleven. He should've called or sent a text already. I groaned at my thoughts—a mixture of desperation and paranoia.

"I don't want to look desperate," I grumbled.

Cece scoffed, "because you're so cool right now. You know he's probably just busy with legal matters right now."

"He wouldn't go without me. He promised." I said and Cece sent me a pitiful look. "Don't look at me like that, you're going to make me get all emotional."

"I'm turning back into my show." She said and did just that.

"I think I'm going to call him," I announced after a while.

"Good for you." She gave me a thumbs up.

I lifted off the couch, got my phone and went into my room. Hand in my mouth, I waited for an answer after dialing Will's line. I didn't get one; not after the second or fourth try. I worried my bottom lip. Maybe he was just busy and caught up in everything. Even with the stark possibility, the antsy feeling from this morning still wouldn't let and had only increased. Getting into bed, I laid down but any form of rest was futile. I only managed six seconds more before getting out and grabbing a pair of sandals.

"You're going there?" Cece asked seeing me enter the living room again but this time with a swing bag over my shoulder.

"I called and he didn't answer. My anxiety is on another level. I think I should go."

Worry showed on her face now and she sat up from her reclined position. "Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, it's probably nothing." I shrugged but my words weren't half-convincing.

"Be careful and call me."

I nodded and went out the door. The rest of what we'd discussed at Will's last night had been simple. Runo's case would be handed over to the FBI and handled accordingly. There were also some international crimes he'd been involved in which would be dealt with by INTERPOL. In essence, he was done for. There was no escape for him.

I hailed a taxi which went straight to Will's apartment. In the complex, I waved at the fair receptionist as usual but three steps past her desk stopped. There was no chirpy 'hey there' or 'hello' in response. The seat behind the desk was empty. No, the entire lobby was empty. This place was always fairly packed on weekends.

I took unsure steps towards the elevator but even from a few feet away could tell it was out. I looked around again. The elevator was never out. The antsy feeling doubled as I headed for the stairs on jelly legs. My phone buzzed and I promptly opened the text. My heart dropped in relief when I saw the sender.

From: Boss
Dnt come.over

Like the relief had come, it dissipated. Something was very wrong. My anxiety levels skyrocketed. I started dialing a number while rushing up the stairs.