Epilogue.

Six months later...

I rhythmically tapped my foot to the beat of the pop song playing on the radio. Feet movements were the best I could do in recent weeks without breaking much of a sweat. I'd given up on other body motions and dreams of being an Instagram gym mom long ago. And, that was alright.

Putting away the pack of flour, I smiled at the messy counter. It was a testament to the afternoon's work; a pink velvet strawberry cake. I wiped my brow like Will hadn't done two-thirds of the work. It was Thursday which meant I was exactly a week away from my due date. Thursday seemed like a pretty cool day to give birth. Imagine giving birth on a Monday of all days? I snorted.

"What has you snorting babe?" My tall handsome, dark-haired boyfriend/ soon-to-be baby daddy asked as he bypassed me to return a napkin. He'd stayed home today to help me bake my cake.

"Imagine giving birth on a Monday? Like who births a child on a Monday?"

He crossed his arms. "I was born on a Monday."

"Hmm," I turned again. That explains a lot...

"I can read your mind babe," he chuckled. "Besides, being born on a Monday is original, imagine being born on a Tuesday."

"Everybody knows Tuesday is the less ugly sister of Monday." I defended my birthday.

"Still doesn't make her original." He wiped frosting across my nose and before I could react, whipped his phone out and took a picture. Rather than throw a fit, I smiled. Will had been capturing moments as often as he could for the past six months. I didn't want anything to slip by us either. I wiped the frosting off and he stuck my finger in his mouth.

"You're such a sore loser," I grumbled.

"And you're so pretty." He pulled me closer although my larger than texas bump put a distance between us.

"Don't flatter me," I said with a smile then looked down at my belly. Will's big hands followed my eyes and he was cradling my belly like he often did when it was late at night and it was just the sheets over us. I warmed at the memories.

"I'm not. You've never been more beautiful babe, I mean it."

My heart gave a skip but I remained silent. The past six months had been nothing short of amazing. Runo and his cronies all got their due punishments and it was all behind us. It took a while but we eventually found our footing. We were starting over after all, and starting over meant relearning things again. I shifted a lot between Will's place and my apartment in my second trimester but at the start of my third, Cece had practically pushed me to Will's place. And he was more than glad to finally have me. Additionally, it was around that time Cece had to fly to Malibu for the trial.

Living with Will full-time reminded me of the old days yet it was all new. We were older, mature and inevitably different people from back when we were in college. Will never left me in the dark about what was going on around him and I reciprocated because that was what a relationship was about. That was what it meant to love and commit to someone. We loved each other and with every passing day, he never failed to keep the promises he'd made after he'd been discharged from the hospital. Heavens help me, I would love this man for a very long time.

A ding sounded and my eager eyes found the oven. The cake was ready.

"I still don't know why we had to bake the cake today," Will murmured as he turned the oven off.

"My Gandhi instincts were tingling and you know better than to-"

"Than to question my little Gandhi." He chuckled as he brought the cake out of the oven. He placed it next to the pink frosting I'd mixed earlier. I suddenly felt some movement in my belly and patted it with a grin. Even the little one was excited to see the cake.

About six weeks ago, my friends threw me a surprise baby shower. Everyone was there, even Debbie who believed Will and I owed her thanks for our reconciliation. It was also at the baby shower we had a gender reveal and I could still see the pink ribbons being released from the balloons. I had the best time with all my friends and of course, had the best snacks courtesy of Cece who was now back in New York. It was the most thoughtful party anyone had ever thrown for me and I was truly grateful to have such wonderful people around me.

Now I was only a few days away from the real deal and I'd never felt so heavy, scared and excited to meet someone all at the same time. I cringed at every birthing video I watched but smiled at the end when the mothers finally held their babies. It was insane.

"I'll be right back," Will kissed my cheek, "don't do anything crazy." He warned and went upstairs.

I rolled my eyes and then thought about calling Cece but knew she'd be at the restaurant now. She'd won the case thanks to Will's lawyer and her asshole ex-husband was now serving the time he deserved. I was extremely happy for her and knew I'd miss her like mad in the following months when she moved back to Seattle.

I took a temporary leave off work two months ago but wasn't sure I'd be going back after giving birth. I really wanted to be there for my baby and was looking into careers I could do from home. Will was almost offended I was quitting his company. I still saw Bella and Jo regularly as we got together every week we could, and Jo even more regularly because she and Mark were now a thing. I saw Lilian every other two weeks and just last week discovered she was now engaged. Yes, Lilian, defender and slayer of the innocents was now engaged to marry. Heather and I, had had a swell time when we spotted her ring.

Demi called nearly every day to know if I'd done the deed already. She was eager for our kids to be best friends and honestly so was I. My mom was planning on visiting this weekend in preparation for my hospital visit and Will's uncle often stopped by too. Emily was back in London for the school year but video called as much as she could.

All in all, family and friendships-wise, I was good. I'd never felt better and more at peace with myself and my surroundings. The whole drama of the past was behind us and I was content and that was all I could ask for.

I touched the cake to feel how hot it was but paused hearing the sound of water spilling. I glanced at the tap but it was closed. Slowly, I looked down and my mouth gaped open. Water had pooled underneath my feet and the sense of a slight but noticeable pain immediately overwhelmed me. Well, shit.

"Will!" I yelled.

"Yeah?" He answered from somewhere above.

"I think my water just broke!"

***

The End.

And that's it, guys. We've officially come to the end of TB&I🥺. Whoa! It has been one long ride but if you made it this far, you're a gem and deserve the world!

Thank you so much for sticking with me on this long ass ride. I love you for real. Your comments, your votes and kind words really kept me going even on days I didn't think I could finish. You guys are OGs for real!

This is the end of a dispensation but hopefully, there's more to come!

I love you always,
Dami❤