45.

"Do you mind if we look around a bit? We don't have a warrant but it's important we do."

She slowly acquiesced with a nod. Will and the detective moved further into the house while I decided to stay with Helen, offering her somewhat of a silent comfort.

"Do you need anything?" I asked after a prolonged while.

She declined then her shoulders fell. "I wish I had done more for her. She lost her closest friends within months of each other and after Elise died, she was shaken which was a given since they fought just before,"

"Elise and Irene fought?" I caught on. "Do you know about what?"

"I never knew what it was when it came to them."

"They must have been all very close."

"Very and they just died like that, all of them," she broke into another sob and I gently patted her back. I wanted to know more about the trio but waited it out instead.

"She didn't even have this place for long." She shook her head.

"Really?" I shifted.

"I called her crazy when she got it. She had to be. The mortgage on this place alone but she kept saying everything would pan out, and in a few months, I'd see. I'm not seeing anything Irene." She cried.

Will walked in before I could make ask any more questions. He slightly shook his head. There was nothing here either.

"Thank you very much for your cooperation, Helen." Detective Shaun said.

"I need closure detective. Irene was fine one minute then she wasn't and they're all claiming it was a suicide which I just can't believe."

"Soon miss." He gave her an encouraging nod and we left the house. It was silent until we were by the cars and out of Helen's earshot.

"Another new development." The detective leaned against his car.

"They were all in on the plan," Will said.

"Helen mentioned the house mortgage. I think Irene was confident about getting money from somewhere to keep the house," I divulged.

"Well, we know where that somewhere is," Will responded.

"She also said Irene and Elise fought just before Elise died."

"Cases like these, it's a world of things they could have fought over." The detective said.

"Like the memory card."

"I'm going to go over everything again. There's something we could have missed earlier that might make much more sense now and point us to where this card is."

"Alright." Will gave him a short nod. We exchanged goodbyes with him and finally parted ways. Glancing at Will minutes into the drive, he had a calculative look about him.

"What's on your mind?"

"A lot," he sighed. "There are too many possibilities now."

"With the collaborators all dead."

Will stole a look in my direction, "Today must have been stressful, all that searching around."

"I'm bursting at the seams, remember?" I shrugged. I think he smiled after.

"How about dinner then?" He posed.

"I'm all for food these days. I might end up looking like a whale by the start of my second trimester."

"You'll be a very beautiful whale." He said and I scoffed a laugh.

It only took a few minutes to arrive at a restaurant, New York was brimming with them after all. It was a little fancier than I expected with some Frank Sinatra playing in the background, like those restaurants you needed reservations to get into.