8.

8 years ago...

"Demi, when next is that frat house having a party?"

"I guess you really did enjoy yourself huh?" She smirked and I casually shrugged.

"Or you're looking for someone?" Her eyes narrowed and she moved across the room, her braids bouncing, as flopped on my bed.

"Not exactly..." I murmured and she laughed.

"Common, what's his name? I might know him."

"William—I can't remember his surname."

"There are about two dozen Williams scattered around the campus and I personally know like four. You have to be more specific."

"I know," I sighed.

"You can find him, there's another party there next week Friday."

"Really? I mean that's cool. I'm only looking for him cause I think he'd be a great friend to keep by the way." I said smoothly and Demi laughed louder.

"Of course."

Two weeks passed but I didn't come across William again. I missed the frat party due to two impromptu assignments that needed to be completed and required an all nighter. I tried not to dwell on not seeing him again much.

It was Friday afternoon now and I was in my favourite coffee shop on campus, reading a novel about the renaissance period.

"Is this seat taken?"

"Yes," I answered without looking up.

"Yes?" The voice was uncannily familiar and I looked up.

"I meant no."

"No?" He smiled and I flushed.

"You are a hard girl to find Ophelia." You are equally hard to find.

"Don't tell me you forgot my name?" He pulled back the seat and sat. He looked the same as last time. Tall, lean and handsome.

"Just your surname, not sure I even knew it." I mused.

"Illston," he leaned across the table and moved his hand forward, "William Illston."

I accepted the handshake with a smile.

We spent the next hour in the coffee shop, talking and laughing about everything possible. Just like the last time.

"I won't make the same mistake again and forget to collect your number." He shook his head and handed me his phone.

I smiled as I typed my number in.

"There."

"What did you save it as?" He asked as we walked down the lane.

"Ophelia with a coffee cup emoji." I smirked.

"You'll never let me of with that will you?" He smiled.