13.

"How are your weekends like?" Isabella asked over her bowl of Greek salad. Heather's phone rang at that moment and she smiled apologetically before leaving the table to answer her call.

"Work, work, work. I probably only have Sunday to lay my head down." I sighed then took a bite out of my lasagna.

"I'm going home to see my ma. I won't be back till Sunday evening." Joanne smiled.

"Say hola to mama for us. I'll be staying at Rafael's. Stupid male, why he won't just ask me to move in with him already?" Isabella frowned before going into a tirade of curses in Spanish. Poor Rafael.

After lunch, Heather and I returned to our floor. It had been two days since my treacherous pants betrayed me and in a few hours, I'd be meeting up with the girls. My hands consciously smoothed down the front of my maroon knee length gown. I was as nervous as I was excited.

Heather and I worked alone for the most of the day as William didn't come in to work and neither did Lilian come to criticize. Heather left early, around 4 pm to get prepared before meeting with William at his apartment while I stayed on for another half hour before calling it a day.

The cab drove me straight to the venue. After paying the fare, I stared at the quaint restaurant, right in the middle of Manhattan. I internally hoped their menu prices wouldn't be outrageous. The air conditioner of the restaurant soothed me upon my entry. My gaze fleeted over the sitted costumers until I saw a hand wave me over.

"Girl! How have you been?" Demi immediately stood up as I reached her and hugged me. She smelled of vanilla and cranberries and my mind drifted back to our college days. I'd really missed her.

"I've been–" I paused when I felt her stomach was larger than was normal. "Oh my God, you're pregnant?" My eyes widened as I stared at her. She had her hair in black braids and was wearing a woolen sweater over navy blue pants. Her brown eyes were full of mirth as she nodded and I asked, "has it really been so long?"

"About three years since we last saw and about a year since we spoke last. I got married last year June. I really wanted you at the wedding."

"I'm so sorry Demi."

"It's okay, I understand you must have had your own personal issues to deal with. I'm sorry too, I didn't contact you as much as I should have. I didn't even know you were back in New York." She said as we took our seats opposite each other.

"You had a wedding to plan, I can't hold anything against you. It was my fault honestly. But do I congratulate you for the wedding or baby first?" I asked and she laughed.

"Anyone and you also have to tell me everything that's being going on these past few months, maybe one on one." She smiled and I nodded eagerly.

"Hello ladies," Debbie suddenly appeared and sat on the empty chair next to mine before I could turn or notice her arrival prior.

"My my, Ophelia Duhamels, I for sure thought you fell off the surface of the earth."

"Still kicking and alive. It's great to see you too Lenore." I smiled at Lenore who smirked before taking her seat next to Demi. Her hair was now a darker shade than it'd been in college. It really had been a long time. We were all so grown now. "What about Kemi?"