37.

"That's a very huge reach Ophelia."

"It is, isn't it? Just because I threw up and my period is weeks late doesn't mean I'm pregnant." I laughed but Cece didn't. I caught the glimpse of worry in her eyes and mine instantly watered.

"Hey, don't cry. I'll be right back." She left the bathroom.

I pressed the flusher again then stood and walked over to the sink, to rinse my face and mouth with water. My reflection stared back at me. My eyes were red and my face was sullen.

"I can't be pregnant," I whispered.

"Dress up." Cece returned.

"Why?"

"We're going to a pharmacy." She said and I nodded in understanding.

__

"We'll take six pregnancy tests." I said to the pharmacist behind the counter but Cece jabbed me by my side with her elbow before countering my request.

"She means three. We'll take three."

We paid then left.

"Here," Cece handed over the plastic bag containing the test packs once we were back home. "One line means negative, two lines mean positive." She explained.

"I'll leave it on the sink for you to check."

"Okay." She nodded.

I entered the bathroom, removed the first test from its pack and followed the instructions on the back. A few minutes after, I exited the bathroom.

"I'm done." I locked eyes with Cece and her head bobbed up and down before she entered the bathroom. My heart was in my mouth as I waited for the results like a final verdict. It really was.

The door opened and I raised my head. One look at her and I immediately knew what she'd say next.

"They are all positive P." She whispered my fear to life.

"P-positive?" I repeated, the word sounding foreign between my lips and she slowly nodded.

"How Cece? There, there was always a condom. Are you telling me I'm part of the unlucky 5% right now?" I laughed humourlessly.

"P-"

"I'm pregnant?" I continued to laugh till my laughter turned into tears and I sank down against the wall till my bottom touched the floor. "A baby is forming in my uterus right now? Like a little human being?"

I was hysterical.

"I know it's overwhelming given the circumstances but just try to remain calm. You'll still have to see a doctor to really confirm." She was on her knees in front of me.

I shook my head. What was more obvious than three positive pregnancy tests?

"How do I even handle this?" I sobbed into my knees.

"There's a major second party involved in this too."

"Oh God, Will." I groaned and closed my eyes. William Illston, ex, boss and now father to my unborn child. I was really screwed this time around.

"I understand how you feel darling. Come on, get up," she pulled me up. "First, we need to set up an appointment with a doctor..."

Cece continued talking but I could hardly hear her anymore. I was internally concluding on something. Under the words 'tough luck' in the dictionary, a nice big picture of my face must have been imprinted as an example.