Chapter Five: Silent Treatment

As Ej led me back to his room, I kept my mouth shut, refusing now to say a word.

"Listen, (Y/N)... I know it's gonna take awhile to get used to this place, but you will. It's not all that bad. You'll be fine."

I said nothing.

Ej sighed and opened a door, leading me into his room.
He led me over to where I assumed my bed was.

"This is your bed for the time being. I'm sure once you get settled in enough, Slender will find you your own room. There's not really a bed frame, so your mattress is on the floor, if that's fine."

I just plopped down onto the bare mattress, curling up into a ball, refusing to speak still.

"Everyone in the mansion is probably going to get together to eat soon. So you'll get to meet everyone..." Ej said, his voice softer this time.

"Whatever...." I whispered, my voice barely making a sound. I doubt he could hear me.

"If you need anything please let me know..."

"Mmm..."

Ej sighed and went to sit on his bed. The springs creaked underneath him when he did.

I don't how long I was laying on that mattress, but it seemed like hours until someone came to get us for dinner.

I slowly pushed myself up and stood, letting Ej take my hand to guide me downstairs to the kitchen.

By the sounds of all the voices down there, there were lots of people.

Shivers ran up and down my spine and I gently clung to Ej's arm, slightly anxious and afraid.

"You'll be okay. I'll stay by your side the entire time, I promise."

I could only muster a slight nod as he led me to the table, sitting me down.

Another person sat on the other side of me, making me tense up.

This was going to be a disaster.

{A/N: Sorry about the short chapter!! I promise more will come soon enough!}
Art above not mine!!