Chapter Fifteen: Improved sight

Weeks had passed since stargazing with Ej.

Little by little my sight had started to return to me.

Things were now silhouetted in my vision and slightly blurred, but I could see the outlines of people.

Ej, Sally, and Slender all told me they could tell my once dull grayish blue eyes were becoming lighter.

This made me extremely happy because I would soon be able to see the faces of my new "family". I was finally starting to fit in and get the hang of things and I was getting along well with everyone.

At the moment, I was sitting with Sally, Ej, Ben, and Jeff while having a tea party with the little girl. She had done my makeup and hair, but I didn't know how it looked.

"Ben, take pictures of (Y/N) so she can see her makeup when her eyes get better!!" Sally pestered the younger male, a smile in her voice.

"Alright, alright, jeez, Sal, stop pestering me about it," he sighed.

I merely smiled and giggled at the two's playful banter, Ej chuckling beside me.

"Hey, (Y/N), what's the whole deal with your eyesight anyway?" Jeff asked. I had learned peoples voices and names, so it would be easy to put voices to faces.

"Well, I used to be able to see. That is, until I got into a car accident with my parents. Then I lost it. Slender has told me that it might just be the result of how hard I hit my head in the wreck. He also talked to Smiley about it and he agreed and said my eyesight would most likely return. And maybe they were right, because I'm slowly starting to get it back. But slowly. I can see silhouettes, but not details. Right now all of you are only shapes in my vision and I can occasionally catch bits and pieces of color. But that's about it. I'll get there eventually."

"Makes sense," the teen replied, leaning back on his hands.

I smiled and nodded, satisfied with being accepted into this "family" and finally starting to regain my eyesight.

A/n: Art above not mine!

A little note for all the people who ask about this or are curious about how a person can be temporarily blind:
"The most common vision problems related to head injuries include blurred vision, double vision and decreased peripheral vision. Patients can also experience a complete loss of sight in one or both eyes depending on the severity of the injury.: