Chapter Thirteen: Freedom

Hours upon hours, days upon days of training had paid off.

I had finally mastered my shapeshifting and no longer needed to be trained.

After dinner that night, Slender had a chat with me in his office.

"(Y/N), I believe I owe you at least some freedom now that you've been here for a week or two. I will still have Ej guide you and keep a watchful eye on you, but I shall allow you to go out as you please and have a room to yourself."

My face lit up at this, my dull eyes getting a slight glimmer to them.

"Of course, you can't leave. I'm sure you're aware of the consequences if you try to."

"Yes, I know. But I would rather live a life like this than the life I did before. I also had a question."

"Yes, child?"

"Is there a way we could get rid of my blindness?"

Slender sat back in his chair, thinking.

"If there was a way we would have to talk about the mansions resident doctor Smiley. He would know more about it than I do."

I nodded slightly.

"I'll get ahold of him. But I would think since your blindness goes away when you're shifted it could go away with time. Would you rather have Smiley come in and check it out or just give it awhile and see?"

I thought a moment, nibbling on my lower lip.

"You know what, let's give it awhile and see what happens."

"Alright then. You're free to go back to Ej's room and ill get you your own room set up soon."

"Thank you, Slender," I replied, standing up and pushing my chair back in. I made my way to the door and before I opened it, I felt one of Slender's tentacles pat me on the head.

"I'm very proud of you for making it this far, (Y/N). Your parents would be proud of you too. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll make it far in this family."

I smiled but didn't turn, preventing Slender from seeing the tears building up in my eyes.
"Thank you, Slender. I'll continue being the best I can be."

"Have a good rest of your night, (Y/N)."

"You too, Slender," I replied, leaving his office shortly after and making my way to Ej's room.

I knocked softly and waited for a response.

After a few minutes Ej called out, "Come in!"

I opened the door and walked in, closing it behind me.

"How did things go?"

"Things went fine. I'm free to kind of do as I please, though I'll still need you to lead me around still."

"Makes sense. I'm proud of you for being able to make it this far."

I simply smiled.
"I have a question, Ej."

"Alright."

"Do you want to go see the stars?"

"Sure!"

"I know a really good place to go star-gazing."

"Sounds like a plan. It's only about six so we'll go at about eight when it's darker out," Ej said.

I replied with a nod, excited to spend time with him later tonight.

A/N: Art above not mine!