Chapter Six: The Pasta Family

I could hear all the chattering around me, making me want to go curl up and hide somewhere.

Ej sat beside me and gently held my hand in his, squeezing it.

It didn't help the situation any more than I wished it did.

After everyone was sitting down, Slender cleared his throat.

"Everyone, I want you to meet our newest member. This is (Y/N) and she'll be staying with us. You all remember what I told you about her. I also expect you'll help her out. She's blind and will need help getting her bearings around here."

A wolf whistle sounded from what seemed to be close to the end of the table on my right side. Slender was sitting at the very end on the right.

"Damn, ain't she a sexy thing~" A deep voice chuckled. It sounded like a purr.
"Don't worry, little lady, I'll help you out. I got everything you need~" the deep Male voice purred, sending shivers up and down my spine.

A kick to his shin sent his chair scooting back as he jumped and growled.

"Shut up, Offender. We don't need you knocking up our newest member," another male voice snarled, though lighter and softer.

"Please forgive him," the gentler male spoke. "He's kind of... a hoe."

The deeper male voice growled.
"Shut up, Trendor."

"Come on, you two, this is not the time to fight!! Let's welcome our guest with open arms!" A cheerful male spoke.

The other two grumbled slightly.

I didn't know where to "look", nervous.

"Your plate is in front of you. You can eat," Ej said softly to me, guiding my hand to a fork sitting beside my plate.

I was silent. I swallowed hard.
I wasn't really that hungry. I was too nervous and anxious.

"Ej, will you take me back to the room...? I don't really have an appetite..." I whispered.

The eyeless teen sighed and then agreed. He stood and helped me up as well so I didn't trip on any stairs.

"Hey, where is our new friend going?" A little girls voice spoke.

"She's not feeling well and wants to go lay down," Ej told her. "You can meet her later, Sally."

'I apologize for overwhelming you, child,' a voice spoke in my head. I recognized it as Slender.

Please stay out of my head...I just want to be left alone, please... I thought to him, my thoughts begging and pleading.

'Very well, child...'

Ej led me out of the kitchen and to the stairs, a hand on my shoulder and another holding my left hand as he guided me.

I put my hand on the stair railing instinctively, helping guide my way up the stairs.

"I know you're anxious, but everyone is really excited to get to know you. Well. Mostly everyone. It'll just take some time-"

"Stop telling me that!! I'm never going to get used to this place because I don't want to be here!! I can't see anything or anyone because I'm fucking blind!! You guys killed my dog and kidnapped me!! How do you expect me to react!! Everything was just fine before when I was living on my own!! And then it all goes down the drain when you assholes come!" I yelled, angry tears finding their way down my pale cheeks.

Only a sigh came from Ej. He led me to his room and then led me inside.
"I'll come back in a little bit, okay?"

"I don't care if you come back or not... just lock me in here and let me rot for the two shits I could give-" I responded, venom dripping in my tone.

Ej sighed again and then left.

I leaned against the wall by my mattress and slowly slid down it, wiping at the tears that continued to fall.

Why was it that my life always had to be a living hell?

Lose my parents when I was fifteen, find the will to live after that. A couple months later the doctors assign me a healthcare partner to come check on me and do household chores and cook for me.

A couple months after that I get Ella, my best friend and find my will to live again.

Two years after that I'm kidnapped and Ella is murdered...

"Why does life hate me?" I whimper, dumping my head into my lap. "I always lose everything I love..."
______________________________________

That night was quiet besides the crickets chirping outside and the occasional howl from a wolf and hoot from an owl.

I laid on the mattress in Ej's room silently, staring at nothing. Since I couldn't.

I could tell Ej wasn't able to sleep either. He kept tossing and turning.

Maybe what I said earlier was finally starting to get to him.

That would be a nice change instead of someone not listening to me.

Blankets rustled and the bed frame squeaked as he pushed himself up to a sitting position.

"(Y/N), you know that all of us here have suffered too. Right?"

"Yeah, I know. You're all murderers, how can you not have gone through something horrible?"

"And just for your information... we kill to try and get revenge on those who have made our lives miserable. That's part of the reason why you're here too. You can kill the people who caused your car accident."

I was silent for a moment.

Would I even be able to do such a thing?