Chapter Nine: Rest Day: Anxiety

As the sun rose up over the mountaintops that next morning, I started to wake. I had finally just fallen asleep at about three in the morning, unable to sleep. I had been restless and anxious about what the next day's training would bring me. 

I pushed myself up tiredly, my muscles aching from yesterday. I let out a soft yawn, hearing Ej stir in his bed, the blankets moving around. 

There was a slight grunt from him and then a groan. 

“Seedeater, move over, you’re taking up the whole bed…” he grumbled. 

There was a soft huff and a thump as something large stepped onto the floor. 

And then suddenly, I was pinned down to the bed by a heavy weight. I wheezed and writhed around. 

The thing on me lifted me up, making me panic slightly. 

It laid down before pulling me to it’s chest. 

I could feel fur. Lot’s of it. 

Warm air was being blown against my neck, the thing nuzzling its face against me. 

“E-Ej, what is this thing?!” I squeaked out, squirming slightly. 

The thing huffed and tried to quiet me, growling slightly. 

I froze, going quiet. 

“Seedeater, let the girl go. She doesn’t want to cuddle you.” 

The entity huffed and released me. 

I stumbled to my feet, shuddering. 

“I apologize if he woke you up. That’s Seedeater. He acts more like a pet than a child eating monster. Here, you can come sleep in my bed if you want more sleep. He’s most likely going to take over your mattress for the time being.” 

I stood in the middle of the room, silent. I let out a shuddered breath. 

“Can I take a shower instead…?” I asked softly. 

“Sure. You can borrow some of my clothes until Trendor has gotten more for you. Or you can borrow some from Jane.” 

“Can I go back to my house and get some…?” 

“There’s cops all over your place. It wouldn’t be a good idea to go back there.” 

“R-Right… sorry…” 

I stumbled slightly as I tripped over one of Seedeater’s legs. 

A hand caught me, steadying me. 

“Thanks, Ej…”

“No problem. I’ll get you some clothes then show you to the bathroom. I’ll get you a towel or two as well.”

I nodded in response and stood quietly by as he grabbed me some of his clothes and a towel or two from his closet. 

After, he led me into the hallway and then down the hallway, leading me into a door on the far left side.