Chapter Eleven: Jane

*2nd Person POV*

You woke, yet again, to Seedeater laying next to you on your mattress, cuddling you close to him. You grumbled slightly but embraced the fact that the creature accepted you and was willing to cuddle you. The warmth he provided reminded you of Ella and you gently wrapped your arms around him, putting your hands in his soft mane, stroking it softly. 

The creature began emitting soft purr like sounds, his body vibrating. 

“Seems like he’s taken a liking to you, (Y/N).” 

“Good morning, Ej…” you spoke softly, your throat tight at the thought of your dog, having been murdered right before you. You were glad you hadn’t seen it. 

“Are you alright?” 

“Just thinking of Ella…. I’m okay. Can you get him off of me? I would like to get up for the day.” 

“Seedeater, let her up.” 

The creature huffed in a detesting way, yet got up, unwillingly, and walked over to Ej. 

You pushed yourself up, stretching, earning satisfying pops from your spine. You stood, remembering you were still in your sweaty, sticky clothes from yesterday’s training. 

“Ej…? Could you show me to the bathroom again? I need another shower… and some more clothes. And if you could show me where the laundry room is, I can wash your clothes…” you said softly, timid. You were still trying to get used to the kindness the eyeless teen was showing you. And being in a house full of, you weren’t sure how many people, and all of them being murderers, you were more nervous and timid than you had ever been. 

“How about we go talk to Jane? We can see if she’ll let you borrow some clothes for now and I can talk to Slender about helping you get your sight back. I think there’s a key to getting it back through your shapeshifting abilities. And he would probably agree with me.” 

“Okay…” you whispered, standing awkwardly in the middle of his room. 

He gently grabbed your hand and led you out into the hallway. 

As you heard others pass by the two of you and begin whispering, you gripped his hand even tighter, sticking closer to him, but keeping slight distance so you didn’t step on his heels. 

He kept close to you, making sure no one got close to you. You could feel his protective aura and it comforted you slightly, making you relax. Yet it was only a little. 

You two eventually stopped and Ej knocked on a door. It eventually opened. 

“Hey, Jane. Could (Y/N) borrow some of your clothes? You two are about the same size.” 

“Sure thing. Bring her in here. I’ll get her some. Were you intending to take a shower, hun?” 

“A-Are you talking to me…?” you asked sheepishly, unsure of who she was addressing. 

“Yes.” 

“S-Sorry…. Y-yes, I was…” you stuttered, stepping closer to Ej, trembling slightly. 

“No need to apologize. If you want to leave her here, Ej, I’ll get her some clothes and then lead her to the bathroom. You go get ready for the day and such.” 

“Thank you, Jane,” Ej replied, starting to move away from you. 

“B-But, Ej…” you whimpered, grabbing at his arm frantically and blindly (Ironic, right?), not wanting to be left alone with someone you had just barely met. 

“Hey, you’ll be okay. Jane won’t hurt you. She’s not like the others. She’s only here to get back at one person and that’s Jeff. She has no intention of hurting anyone else. I promise you’ll be fine. You two might get along if you talk with her. I promise you’ll be fine. I wouldn’t leave you here with her if I didn’t trust her.” 

Tears threatened to spill down your cheeks as anxiety took over, your heart beating rapidly against your ribcage. 

You slowly let go of Ej’s arm and listened to his footsteps fade away from the room. 

A gentle hand grabbed your shoulder and you flinched, earning a soft pat on the head. 

“I promise I won’t hurt you. I’m here to help you, love,” Jane’s gentle voice spoke. She led you into her room, closing her door. 

“Do you know what size of clothes you wear? I know you wouldn’t be able to look since you’re…. Blind… but..” 

You quickly told her your size of clothing, your voice sounding forced and choked.

“Perfect. I had some clothes I was getting rid of that are that size. I think they’ll suit you perfectly. Give me just a second.”  

Footsteps sounded away from you and there was the sound of a closet opening. 

Moments later the steps came back. 

“Alright, I have the clothes. Ready to take a shower?” 

You nodded, thankful that the girl was willing to help you and you had another person you could go to, should you need help. It would be less awkward with Jane helping you with certain things. 

“Do you want some help after you shower? I know it might be awkward, but I won’t judge and since you’re getting new outfits I can help you put them on. I’m also very willing to help you do hair and such. You gotta show off in this place somehow, get people to notice you. It’ll make things a lot easier if you make friends that way.”

“Thank you, Jane… And I would really appreciate the help…” 

“Anytime, hun. I have my own bathroom so you can use that. I’ll show you where the sink and such is. And when you’re finished and want my help, just let me know and I’ll come in, okay?” 

You nodded and she led you into the bathroom, showing you the layout so you didn’t get hurt. 

You quickly showered and dried off, then pulled on your bra and such. You let Jane know you were done and she came in to help you into one of your outfits. 

She helped you dry your hair and she curled it and did your makeup, making you feel better than you had in days. 

Today was going to be a good day.

A/N: Art above not mine!!