Chapter Two: Whispers in the Dark

As I went to bed that night, I could hear faint voices. I couldn't tell where they were, unless they were in my head.

"Pull it together, (Y/N), you definently don't have schizophrenia," I muttered to myself softly, tucking myself under the blankets, Ella tucked up against my side, one of my arms around her.

I pet her head gently and she yawned, stretching herself out.
I ran my fingers through her long, golden fur, her tail wagging softly.

"Goodnight, Ella, my cute little golden retriever puppy~" I cooed, earning a groan of delight from her as I started scratching behind her ears.

As I closed my eyes, I continued to hear whispers. Though this time they sounded like they were outside my window.

Chills danced up my spine as I turned onto my side.

Ella felt the fear radiating off of me and she got protective, letting growls emit lowly from her throat.

I touched a hand to her back, her hackles raised.

I pushed myself up to a sitting position and got up to check the lock on my window.

I decide to check all the windows and the doors in my house to make sure they're all locked then head back up the stairs to my room, Ella at my side.

I climb back in bed, now comforted to know all the windows and doors were locked.
The whispering had stopped as well.

I closed my eyes once more and fell asleep.

As soon as I was asleep, the whispers started up again, filling my dark house, never ceasing.

A/N:
A

rt above not mine!!