Chapter Sixteen: Lurking

Nighttime had befallen the manor and everyone was sleeping. Lights were off and not a single soul walked the halls.

The only being awake would be Slender, taking his Nighttime patrol in the woods.

A figure hiding in the bushes kept careful eyes on the tall man, keeping tabs on him at all times. In doing so, they were able to slip closer and closer to the manor till they were just out of reach.

Examination around the large manor helped them find what they needed, a smirk finding its way to their face.

Without another word they were gone into the night, just as Slender had returned to the manor for the night.

'Unexpected events will be taking place here soon enough, dear Slendy. It will all fall in place with time,' a deeper voice chuckled, watching the mansion from the shadows before disappearing into the night.
_________________________________________

As the sun rose to bring the day, the manors residents began to stir, waking and getting up for the day.

A knock on Ej's door startled him awake, as well as (Y/N), who was, once again, being smothered by Seedeater.

"Come in!" Ej's morning voice grunted as he sat up, stretching.

The door opened and a female with a rich and silky voice started talking.
"Slender needs to see you, Ej. You too, (Y/N)."
The richness of her voice made you think she had almost an Irish or perhaps a slight English accent.

"Thank you, Evelyn," Ej grumbled, his bed creaking as he stood up.

His door shut and I sat up, rubbing at my eyes tiredly.

I stood, stretching my arms and my back and legs.
I could hear Ej moving about the room, getting ready for the day. I started gathering my clothes and did the same.

"What do you think he needs us for?" I asked.

"Dunno. But it's important if he needs to talk to both of us."

"Hm," I replied, going in the bathroom to change.
Whatever it was, hopefully it wasn't bad news.

A/N: Art above not mine!