Chapter Ten: Training: 2

The next day would be a tiring one, considering what Slender had told me not too long ago. 

‘Things are going to get a little more difficult in your training today, (Y/N). Get enough rest and sleep if you’re going to endure the training tomorrow.’

I had done as he told me with the help of Ej. 

At the moment, we were walking through the trees, back to the clearing Slender had told us to meet him once I was ready to go. 

It was 8:30 in the morning, and the woods were quiet and lit with the watery sun slowly rising up over the mountains. 

Dim light lit up the woods, making it look like it was covered in fog. 

I marveled at the beauty around us, enjoying the cool, fall air, breathing it in.  

As we made it to the clearing, we found Slender there, awaiting our arrival.

“Good morning you two. Good to see you nice and refreshed, (Y/N). It seemed as if you haven’t been sleeping well the past couple of nights you’ve been here.” 

‘That’s because I haven’t,’ I muttered bitterly to myself. 

“Are you ready to get started?” 

“Yes, sir.”

~Hours Later Into The Day~

As the day went on, I was slowly beginning to get the grasp of my powers, getting closer to shifting fully into an animal. 

Slender seemed rather impressed I had gotten this far with only two days of practice. 

As I started trying once more, I felt a warm sensation cover my body, a comforting warmth that I had never felt before. 

To be able to get this down, I had to close my eyes to help me focus on my goal. 

And when I opened them… I was met with faces and surroundings I thought I would never see ever again. 

A blue mask with inky black stained down the cheeks from the eyes, the boy behind the mask a nice height with chocolate brown hair. 

A faceless man stood tall, taller than any man I had ever seen, and bore snow white skin and a nice looking suit with a red tie. 

Ej and Slender. 

“Oh. My. Gods. You’re adorable!” Ej squealed from behind his mask. 

I turned in circles, taking in all the scenery around me. 

Ej and Slender looked at each other, confused. Then realization hit. 

“Can you see?!” Ej squealed. 

I turned back to face them and nodded. 

Ej quickly squatted down. 

“Look at me so I can take a picture of you and show you how cute you look.” 

I stared quietly at him, waiting for him to show me the picture he intended to take of me. 

I watched as he pulled his phone out and held it in front of his face, a soft click emitting from the phone’s speaker. 

He turned the phone to show me and I prodded over to him, sitting down, my tail wrapping around my feet. 

The photo was me, but a cat with snowy white fur, my face, the tip of my tail, my paws and halfway up my legs an almost metallic grey. The tips of my ears were grey, the base the same snowy white of my body, neck, and head. 

I tried to speak, but all that came out were small meows and purrs. It was difficult to try to talk when you were an animal. 

“Is it hard for you to speak, (Y/N)?” Slender asked me, picking up on my distress. 

I nodded and he walked over, bending down to grab my scruff. 

He lifted me up and set me on his shoulder. 

“Why we head back to the manor, try to get your voice working in this animal body. After you get that down, you can shift back, yes?” 

I merely nodded, ready for the new struggle this task would bring. 

By the time we had made it to the manor, I was speaking a few words. 

Slender handed me to Ej, who took me gently into his warm hands and cradled me to his chest. 

“Take her to your room and help her speak. You know what to do to help her shift back once she’s ready.” 

Ej nodded and headed up the stairs and down the hall to his room, closing the door behind us. 

He sat me on his bed and pulled up a chair, helping me to sound out certain words. It was strange, since a cat had a smaller mouth, sharper teeth, and a muzzle, not just lips and that was it. 

As I spoke, my whiskers twitched, my nose scrunching up every time I pronounced a word differently. 

After another hour or two, I was speaking sentences, words beginning to flow normally. 

Ej leaned back in his chair, obviously satisfied with my work. 

“Well, you can shift back if you’re ready to.” 

I nodded and closed my eyes, letting the warm feeling blanket my body once again. 

When I opened them.. Everything was dark again. 

I sighed sadly, knowing I had been able to see as an animal, but couldn’t as a human. 

Training was done for the day. And I was worn out. 

Hopefully the next day, Slender would give me another day off.