Chapter Eight: Training: 1: Finished

*Your POV*

Hours into the training and so far, all I could do was shift different animal ears and tails onto my body with tufts of fur and feathers depending on the animal I tried.

I was sitting on the ground, sweaty and panting, worn out.

"You're getting closer, my child," Slender said, helping me up.

"How close?" I asked, wiping at the sweat with the back of my hand.

"Well, you've been getting the ears, tails, and some fur/feathers. You're nearly there."

I sighed and nodded.

"Let's head back to the mansion. It's starting to get dark," Slender said.

Ej gently grabbed my hand so he could guide me through the woods.
"We'll meet you back there, Slender. I wanna talk to (Y/N) alone for a bit."

Slender nodded in reply to Ej and teleported back to the manor.

Ej started pulling me through the trees, helping me step over things and guiding me, a hand holding mine, his other on my back.

"(Y/N), I wanted to get to know you a little better so it's not as awkward between us anymore."

I was slightly baffled at this comment.
"Well... alright."

As we walked together, we asked each other questions back and forth, slowly getting more comfortable with each other.

"Hey... you don't have to answer if you don't want to. But how did you go blind? Were you born that way or did something cause it?"

A look of surprise crossed my face.
"Slenderman didn't tell you?"

"Nope. All he told us was that we needed to get you and bring you to the mansion."

"I was in a car crash a few years ago. Both my parents died. That's why I went blind. And probably the reason Slender had you guys come get me. He said my parents asked him to take care of me if they ever died. And they did..."
Tears had started running down my flushed cheeks.
I quickly wiped at them with my hoodie sleeve, trying to not let Ej see. But he could have already seen them... since I can't see where he's looking.

"I'm sure you'll get your sight back. Some way... somehow... but for now. You have us. It'll take time to warm up to everyone, but eventually you will. You'll fit in just fine."

"Thank you, Ej."

"Anytime, (Y/N)."

[A/N: Hey everyone! I apologize for the short chapter!! I wanted to get it out so you all could read it!! I promise more will be coming!! Life is just crazy for me right now!!
Enjoy!! Love you all!! And check out my other works too!!]
Art above not mine!