Chapter Twenty-Six: The End

You and Jack decided to spend the day out in a town a few miles out of the forest.
You would leave in the morning and get back in the evening, then get ready to go do some kills before going back to the manor.

As you stepped from the shower you smiled to yourself, excited for what the day would bring.

You dried your hair then began your daily morning routine.
Do your hair, brush your teeth, pick out an outfit, etc.

As you finally settled on a mid-thigh length plaid skirt, which was your (F/C), you found a matching long-sleeve black shirt to go with it and black flats.

You did your makeup and then grabbed a small backpack to keep with you in case you decided to buy anything while you two were out.

You headed downstairs and met Ej on the manors front porch, excited to leave.

Upon seeing him you smiled, your (E/C) eyes shining happily in the warm morning sunlight. The fall air was a bit chilly, but the sun cast warm rays, making the day seem relaxing.

"Ready to go?" Ej asked, smiling back at you.

"Yes!" You responded cheerily, the two of you heading down the stairs and into the woods.

It was peaceful in the trees, birds chirping in the tree tops and other small animals scurrying across the forest floor.

You were in a good mood and nothing was going to take that away from you.

As you two broke through the trees and into the edge of town, you looked to Ej.

"Where did you have in mind first?"

"How about a Cafe? Figured we could use some food and a coffee," he replied, changing to his human form.

He had the most beautiful eyes and his skin was a normal pale peach color. He no longer had the tar dripping from his eyes to his cheeks, and he didn't have the sharp fangs he usually bore.

You grinned at the sight and he rose an eyebrow slightly.
"What?"

"You look nice," you merely replied, shrugging. You began walking and Ej followed suit, staying close to you, as you did to him.

You made it to a Cafe near the middle of town within the shops all around.

Ej held the door as you walked in and you thanked him.

You two found a table by a window and sat, enjoying each others company until a waitress came by to take your orders.

As she left you looked at Ej again.

"Where are you wanting to go after this?" You asked.

"I have a place in mind, but I'm not going to tell you," he teased, winking at you.

You pouted slightly.
"Fine. Be that way."

Ej chuckled slightly.
"Now. How about a round of 20 questions to get to know each other a little better?"

"I'm down!" You chirped happily.

The two of you got halfway through your game before the waitress came back with your food.

You offered her a kind thank you and she smiled with a slight bow and left to tend to other customers.

After enjoying your breakfast Ej led you into town, wandering along the shops until he took you inside a bookstore.

You gasped, immediately wandering the aisles and gazing at all the different books, excited.

"I figured you might like to come here... I was nervous you wouldn't be excited about it," Ej admitted sheepishly.