Chapter Fourteen: Stargazing

"(Y-Y/N)...?"

"Hm?"

"When you asked if I wanted to go stargazing with you... I didn't think you meant we were going to b-be...-"

"Flying?"

Ej nodded and swallowed hard, clutching tighter to the fingers of the hand I held him in.

A dragon had been a good choice. I was able to keep Ej held close to me and he was able to hold on to me.

"Are you afraid of heights?"

Ej nodded again.

"I apologize. We'll be there soon."

He said nothing after that. I enjoyed the silence of the night.

We eventually landed on a cliffs edge up in the canyons. I set him down and shifted into a smaller animal.

The stars shone bright and beyond the cliffs edge there was a big lake and a waterfall, trees framing the entire scene, a small river leading from the lake toward the cliff.

Ej was speechless, amazed at the wonders of the world before him.
"How did you know about this place?"

"My parents and I came here a lot before we got in the car accident. We were actually coming here again when we got into the car accident."

"I see. It's beautiful."

"Isn't it? I just wish I didn't have to be an animal to be able to see it again. Although I'm happy I can see. I want to be able to see when I'm human too. Hopefully soon my sight comes back. I was talking to Slender about it. He said we can either wait awhile and see if my sight comes back or we could talk to Smiley and see what he could do. My sight might come back since I wasn't blind before the car accident. It could just be temporary. But if it doesn't come back at some point I'll talk to Smiley."

"Makes sense," Ej said, lowering himself to sit on the ground.

We were both quiet and enjoyed the peaceful Serenity of the forest behind us and the openess before us.

Eventually, Ej started to nod off, fighting sleep.

I shifted into a dragon once again and gingerly picked him up and held him close to my chest as we took off back to the manor.

Stargazing would be even better if you had a lover by your side... I thought to myself as the manor came into view.
Thinking to myself, I looked at Ej as I placed him on his bed before shifting back to my normal self and sitting on my own mattress.

If I had to choose someone to date, Ej would be a good choice, if I'm being honest.
At this thought my face turned bright red and I huffed, laying down and turning to face the wall, trying to get the thought out of my head.

No way in hell would I ever fall for him or him ever fall for me.

Or had I already fallen for him and not realized it?

A/N:
Art above not mine!