Chapter Nineteen: The Clown

(I apologize for all the timeskips I've been making between days!! I'm losing ideas for the story and motivation, lol. Sorry!)
The art above is mine!!
_________________________________________

The next few days had been lively within the manor.

People were always keeping watch over the manor and myself since Slender had given the news about Zalgo.

Who this man was, I had no clue. But he didn't sound like anyone I would want to meet. And clearly if Slender and everyone else in the manor hated him and were this protective... then he really wasn't a person you wanted to mess with. Or, in the pastas case, a demon. And maybe he was.

At the moment I was sitting in Slender's office, keeping the man company while he did his paperwork.

Ej was out with Jeff and Ben, so I decided to keep Slender company while he was gone.

I was currently in the form of a cat, sitting in Slender's window sill just above his desk.
My tail swayed gently, my ears swiveling as I watched Slender work, the sun warm on my back.

Slender would raise a hand, or tentacle, every so often to pet my back and scratch behind my ears.

I quite enjoyed the company of Slender when Ej or any of the others would be gone.
He was kind and gentle, a fatherly figure to me and to everyone else in the manor.

As the day went by, there was still no sign of Ej or the others returning.

"I'm sure they're going to be out late, seeing as they all went together earlier," Slender reassured me as I stood on the porch, watching the woods for any sign of the three teenage boys to return.
Anxiety and worry filled my chest as I lay in wait while Slender headed back inside to get Sally to bed.

Making up my mind after a few minutes, I shifted into a fox and trotted into the trees, deciding to go search for Ben, Jeff, and Ej.

It was dark in the woods, clouds covering the moon and preventing it from shining its milky light through the trees.

Bats squeaked and Owls hooted in the trees, crickets chirping blissfully around me.
It was a nice night, a soft breeze flowing through the trees and brush all around.

As I grew nearer to a clearing, the woods became eerily silent, my fur bristling when I had the feeling I was being watched.

My hackles rose and paranoia filled my chest as the feeling grew stronger.

'Maybe it's just another pasta playing a trick on me... some of them do enjoy doing that to me sometimes..' I thought, looking around, my ears swiveling on my head as I surveyed the area...

Though I failed to notice the aqua marine colored eyes glowing in the trees above me, eagerly awaiting the perfect moment.

As I took a few steps further into the clearing, the feeling of being watched growing stronger.

I looked around more quickly and volantly, the hair in my back now standing up as well, my tail poofing up as well.

A soft cackle sounded through the trees and I was quick to look up, though the eyes I had failed to notice earlier were now gone.

"Poor little foxy, all alone in the woods~" a female voice purred. She had a sort of accent, it seemed like, to her voice, an eerie sort of tone to it.
"You make yourself an easier target, puddin~"

Before I could react, colorful ribbons were tied around my paws. My paws were yanked out from under me and fell to the ground, the wind knocked out of me as I smacked my ribs hard on the ground.

A giggle came from the shadows as a figure stalked forward, holding a hammer in her hands, the pole long and decked with ribbons, which were now wrapped around my paws, keeping me from moving.

The bells in the bows keeping her pigtails tied up jingled softly in the quiet night.
The clown girl moved forward and tied a ribbon around my snout, preventing me from biting her.
She then picked me up and slung me over her shoulders.

I tried shifting into different animals to get away, but the ribbons shrunk and grew with my size and attempts to escape.

Exhausted from shifting so much my vision began to blur and go dark as I lost consciousness from exhaustion.

The clown snickered gleefully as she headed out of Slender's woods.
"Sleep well, my dear~
You'll be happy to see your friends when you wake~"