Chapter Twelve: Training 3: Part 1

A week had passed since I had started my training and I had gotten a lot better than I was. 

I was shifting easier, but it still took time and I wasn’t able to hold the shift long. Slender had me working on trying to keep my shifted form longer and being able to shift right on the spot instead of having to concentrate for a few minutes before being able to shift. 

I had been working hard the past few days, and it had been draining my energy. But I was doing this for my mother and my father. I would do it to help anyone I could. 

I had grown accustomed to the Pasta family I stayed with and I had made quite a few friends. 

I had gotten very close to Jane, having been hanging out with her a lot. Ej and I had gotten a closer relationship and I was friends with Ben and Jeff, Sally… 

I started opening up to people and coming out of my shell, being myself. I was getting comfortable with the people around me and who I was. 

It was currently eight A.M. and I was getting dressed. Jane had been letting me stay in her room and use her bathroom. I felt more comfortable staying with Jane. It’s not that I wasn’t with Ej. But being able to change in a room where there was another girl who wouldn’t judge me and was like a sister to me made it that much easier. 

I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth and braid my hair back. I would be training more today. 

I heard Jane’s footsteps enter the bathroom and a smile spread across my cheeks. 

“Good morning, Jane.” 

“Good morning, (Y/N). How did you sleep?” 

“I slept well. You?” 

“Me too. Are you ready for your training again today?” 

“I am. I’m feeling good about this one. I think I can improve more.” 

“I’m sure you will. You’ve gotten really far in just the past week.” 

I simply smiled and finished up the braid, putting a hair tie on the end. 

I had gotten more used to the halls of the mansion and had started exploring more on my own. I usually had Ej or Jane with me when going around new parts of the manor. 

I found my way out of Jane’s room and dragged my fingers along the walls till I reached the staircase. I headed down the stairs carefully and found my way into the kitchen, the amazing smell of pancakes filling the air. 

“Good morning, (Y/N),” Ben’s cheery voice said. 

“Morning, Ben. Did you sleep well?” 

“I did. And yourself?” 

“Me too. Is any food ready yet? I gotta get going. I’m training again today and Slender is waiting already.” 

“I got you some stuff packed up already. Here,” he tapped my shoulder with a lunchbox and I smiled, taking it into my hands. 

“Thank you so much, Ben. You’re the best.” 

“Anytime, (Y/N). Good luck with training.” 

“Thank you!” 

I hurried out of the kitchen and through the living room to the front door. I opened it and stepped into the cool morning air. 

As I walked through the quiet woods, I kept smiling to myself. Being blind had become so much easier with the friends I had gained. It had never been this easy when I had lived alone besides having Ella and that nanny come in every once and awhile. 

I would always be grateful to the pastas for taking me in. 

I eventually found my way to the clearing and was greeted by Slender, who sounded rather cheery this morning. 

“Good morning, (Y/N), did you sleep well?” 

“Good morning, Slender. I did. And yourself?” 

“I did so as well. Are you ready to start training for today? This might be the last time we need to do it if you can get the hang of shapeshifting. You’ve been doing very well the past couple of days and you’re very close to completing the training. I think you can do it.”

“I think I can too. I’m ready to start.” 

“As we’ve done before, let’s start with the smaller animals and try to extend the amount of time you can stay in that form. You’ve done extremely well with the smaller animals, but the bigger ones are the ones you struggle the most with. You get too excited and lose your focus. You want to be able to do it subconsciously. You want to be able to do it without thinking about it. You want to be able to hold that form.”

I nodded in reply started to focus and began to feel the warmth of the power I had gained start flowing through my body. 

When I opened my eyes again, I could see the woods all around me and Slender beside me. I loved being able to see when I shapeshifted. I only wished that my sight would stay when I shifted back. 

“Good, you’re doing well. Now let’s try something bigger than your regular siamese cat. Try something bigger. Maybe try a dog. A bigger breed, to be exact.” 

At the mention of a dog I instantly thought of Ella. It had only been a week ago since she had died. 

I could feel the power course through my veins once again and I closed my eyes, focusing. I opened them again after nearly thirty seconds had passed and looked down, seeing that I now had silky golden paws. 

“Now I want you to try and hold that for as long as you can. We need your energy to build up and get better. Let’s try to get you to stay this way for at least half an hour. Go explore the woods and be back here in half an hour. Yes?” 

I nodded and dashed off into the woods, excited to be able to explore by myself. 

How far these woods stretched, I would never know. 

But having the feeling of being free and the breeze through my golden fur gave the most amazing feeling, and I would cherish it with what time I had until I had to go back to Slender.

(A/N: sorry it took me so long to post!! I'll try harder, I promise. Make sure to check out my other stories too!!
Ever So Silently
Circus Clown
Fallen From Grace
And my art book!!)